Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED] Empty Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:33

So I've recently installed the Sims 3 using all the files and guides from the home site and forums (well, tried to) following the instructions given by their corresponding forum posts and installation readmes.

But alas, el problema.

As the title has probably already indicated, I'm getting the EA prompt window when trying to play or install content (hair mods, store content, etc.) that asks for a registration code.

And well.

You know...

...pirates ahoy...

Thus far I've tried a number of possible fixes to obvious flaws in the process that may have been a result of sudden minor brain farting (replacing files from the #Crack folders, reinstalling, trying various serial gen codes, etc.) as well as consulting relatable threads in the Sims 3 fixes section and nothing seems to have changed. I'll put my procedure below for review, if anyone has any insight into this I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. Mounted discs and installed base game as per instructions from the installers.
2. Launched official EA patch for the latest version (1.6.7-something other I think?).
3. Downloaded and applied the manual patch from here, copying the files from #Crack and replacing them in the game directory.

Note that no expansions, store content, etc. were used at all.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Back to top Go down

Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Jun 2016, 12:18

Gen_12th wrote:So I've recently installed the Sims 3 using all the files and guides from the home site and forums (well, tried to) following the instructions given by their corresponding forum posts and installation readmes.

But alas, el problema.

As the title has probably already indicated, I'm getting the EA prompt window when trying to play or install content (hair mods, store content, etc.) that asks for a registration code.

And well.

You know...

...pirates ahoy...

Thus far I've tried a number of possible fixes to obvious flaws in the process that may have been a result of sudden minor brain farting (replacing files from the #Crack folders, reinstalling, trying various serial gen codes, etc.) as well as consulting relatable threads in the Sims 3 fixes section and nothing seems to have changed. I'll put my procedure below for review, if anyone has any insight into this I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. Mounted discs and installed base game as per instructions from the installers.
2. Launched official EA patch for the latest version (1.6.7-something other I think?).
3. Downloaded and applied the manual patch from here, copying the files from #Crack and replacing them in the game directory.

Note that no expansions, store content, etc. were used at all.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Hello,

Due to the nature of how the game works, you cannot have "just" the base game. You need to install (at least) one of the other expansions or stuffpacks too, in order for the included #Crack to work. It doesn't matter which expansion or stuffpack you install as long as you just add one (1). See also the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Registration Code prompt for base game installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 01:49

Interesting suggestion, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.
Thanks for the reply   cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jun 2016, 09:16

Gen_12th wrote:
Interesting suggestion, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.
Thanks for the reply   cheers

Yes, this is a technicality related to the crack; you really need to have at least one expansion or stuffpack too, in addition to the base game. For most people it's not going to be that relevant either. If you have the filespace and your computer specs are at least somewhat decent, you should be able to run the game fine, with 1 EP or SP. And in fact, the majority of people want the complete pack anyhow. 

But yes, good luck ! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:48

So after many attempts of trying to re-install and get something feasibly working...

Nothing happened. One expansion, two expansions, three, none, all to no avail.

But for whatever reason, using Razor1911's pack, the official patch and then the manual fix from the main site seemed to work it like a charm.

Thus, I suppose...problem fixed?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Jun 2016, 16:39

Gen_12th wrote:So after many attempts of trying to re-install and get something feasibly working...

Nothing happened. One expansion, two expansions, three, none, all to no avail.

But for whatever reason, using Razor1911's pack, the official patch and then the manual fix from the main site seemed to work it like a charm.

Thus, I suppose...problem fixed?

The Games4theworld items are working fine; maybe there was a problem with the torrent you downloaded (can be fixed possibly by running a re-check in the torrent client), or it wasn't installed properly in teh first place, or an unsuitable extractor was used,...but yes, it's good you managed to fix the problem on your own. Feel free to open a new thread anytime again if you need more support. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top