Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED] Empty "Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:49

Hey pals, hoping someone here can help me out. 
I downloaded Sims 3 + the Supernatural expansion pack last year with no issues. The other day I decided I would quite like the Generations expansion pack as well and, using the Ultimate Fix, managed to get it installed. However, now when I try to access any version of the game it tells me that no game disc has been found. I am fairly sure I followed the instructions correctly, and moved the appropriate #crack files across to the game/bin folder. 

I don't know how relevant this is, but I also have the base game mounted as a disc (if that's the correct terminology) using Daemon Tools Lite. Maybe this is the cause of my problems? Who knows! Someone here hopefully? Here is a screen cap in case that helps:

"Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED] Disc_a10 

Thanks in advance. With any luck I've just done something real silly and simple to fix Smile

Back to top Go down

"Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:05

Hello,

Well, you don't have to mount it if you're using the crack. Make sure you're using the right crack though, you'll need the one from here, but you only need to use the files in the #crack folder.
Even if you've cracked the game before, it's possible that it has been overwritten with the installation of a new expansionpack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

"Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Insert disc" request on launcher - Sims 3 Generations. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 14:16

Ah-hah! That's it. I unmounted the old images/discs and now it's working. Thanks for hinting me in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 14:18

You're welcome! Good to hear it's working Smile
Don't heistate to post again if you have problems or questions.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top