Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start Empty Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 16:55

I'm not getting very far on my installation of the complete collection. I unzipped the collection to my desktop, started the installation for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and when I went to open the game, it asked for a CD. Also, I did try to move on to The Sims University installation and also got a prompt for a CD, which is why I tried to open the base game. Am I doing something wrong? Bonus points if you can dumb it down for me because I don't really know what I'm doing.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start Empty Re: Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:27

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
read this post. Hope it helps!
Let us know if you have more issues.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start Empty Re: Sims 2 Complete Collection Issues from the Start

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:56

Nikmare wrote:I'm not getting very far on my installation of the complete collection. I unzipped the collection to my desktop, started the installation for The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and when I went to open the game, it asked for a CD. Also, I did try to move on to The Sims University installation and also got a prompt for a CD, which is why I tried to open the base game. Am I doing something wrong? Bonus points if you can dumb it down for me because I don't really know what I'm doing.

This might come a bit late, but you could also try renaming the install folder of "TS2 University", that is located on your desktop, into something else. Then re-start the installation. Another user recently mentioned this possible alternative fix for the problem.

Other than that, try skipping university, and go on with the other expansions and stuffpacks. Then try re-installing university later on again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top