Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Music does not show up in sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Music does not show up in sims 4  Empty Custom Music does not show up in sims 4

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 03:20

Nor does any radio play it. I have the base game with cracked expansions (If that matters) I have tried putting the music files in different station folders as suggested somewhere else, that didn't work. They're MP3 files and under the bit rate limit. Was this a bug that was fixed in an update that I can't have yet due to the cracks? Also, I have noticed that not all the radio stations show up in Documents, electronic arts...the sims 4.. yadda yadda... Just the normal ones like "Alternative" "pop" "rap" etc... but none of the extra channels that show up in the game. Please help if you can.

Back to top Go down

Custom Music does not show up in sims 4  Empty Re: Custom Music does not show up in sims 4

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:42

Hello,
Locate the following directory: C:\Users\[Your User Folder]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music
Drag your own music in MP3 format into the corresponding genre folder (Alternative, Classical, Pop...). Do not drop MP3 files outside those folders.
If the game is open, close it and open it up again.

Even though that this issue was fixed in Get Together, it may be problem with MP3 tags.

Back to top Go down

Custom Music does not show up in sims 4  Empty Re: Custom Music does not show up in sims 4

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:53

starliightt wrote:Nor does any radio play it. I have the base game with cracked expansions (If that matters) I have tried putting the music files in different station folders as suggested somewhere else, that didn't work. They're MP3 files and under the bit rate limit. Was this a bug that was fixed in an update that I can't have yet due to the cracks? Also, I have noticed that not all the radio stations show up in Documents, electronic arts...the sims 4.. yadda yadda... Just the normal ones like "Alternative" "pop" "rap" etc... but none of the extra channels that show up in the game. Please help if you can.

//MOVED

Hello @starliightt,

I believe I mentioned it back then too...hold on...
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18221-how-to-add-custom-music-into-your-sims-4-game

Yes, back then it was the case that under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music, not all radion stations showed up immediately. I myself had to actually tune into them, in-game, and then exit the game. Afterwards, the remaining folders for the other stations showed up.

Did you also make sure to install the Sims 4 items in the proper order ? The Sims 4 Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix ? Because mixing up the order can also cause various problems, including problems with custom music.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2016, 02:07

simmer_tony wrote:Hello,
Locate the following directory: C:\Users\[Your User Folder]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music
Drag your own music in MP3 format into the corresponding genre folder (Alternative, Classical, Pop...). Do not drop MP3 files outside those folders.
If the game is open, close it and open it up again.

Even though that this issue was fixed in Get Together, it may be problem with MP3 tags.
I have done this already, and I have already downloaded a tag editor and edited the tags. problem persists.

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
starliightt wrote:Nor does any radio play it. I have the base game with cracked expansions (If that matters) I have tried putting the music files in different station folders as suggested somewhere else, that didn't work. They're MP3 files and under the bit rate limit. Was this a bug that was fixed in an update that I can't have yet due to the cracks? Also, I have noticed that not all the radio stations show up in Documents, electronic arts...the sims 4.. yadda yadda... Just the normal ones like "Alternative" "pop" "rap" etc... but none of the extra channels that show up in the game. Please help if you can.

//MOVED

Hello @starliightt,

I believe I mentioned it back then too...hold on...
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18221-how-to-add-custom-music-into-your-sims-4-game

Yes, back then it was the case that under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music, not all radion stations showed up immediately. I myself had to actually tune into them, in-game, and then exit the game. Afterwards, the remaining folders for the other stations showed up.

Did you also make sure to install the Sims 4 items in the proper order ? The Sims 4 Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix ? Because mixing up the order can also cause various problems, including problems with custom music.

Hi, yes the folders are now showing up, thank you. Yes I downloaded everything in order, that I am 100% sure on.My base game came from the disc through and I have origin, my expansions are the cracked ones..I didn't download the fix..thought I didn't need to since my base game is legit, do I need to install it anyway? BTW my expansions work fine, I just keep origin closed like suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Aug 2016, 06:11

@starliightt, regardless of whether your base game is on Origin or not, try downloading and applying the Ultimate fix. Smile

It also patches your base game to 1.20.60.1020, and who knows, maybe these custom music problems are due to the old patch ? It's the best thing you can try at the moment I guess.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top