Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate fix isnt working??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate fix isnt working?? Empty Ultimate fix isnt working??

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 13:14

So Ive been using GFTW fixes for a while now and they've always worked completely fine. I have all the downloaded add ons so get together and get to work and they worked perfectly. I recently downloaded the ultimate fix and i just cant get it to work. Why. Why. I keep getting the origin error which i didn't have this issue before downloading the new fix.

Ive been reading about all the little tricks to do and Ive tried everything.... My AV was disabled when i downloaded it and the folders are added to my exception list. I deleted the gameversion and the other file. Ive tried reinstalling it multiple times....
I really don't want to have to delete and reinstall the whole game.......

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful!

Back to top Go down

Ultimate fix isnt working?? Empty Re: Ultimate fix isnt working??

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 19:07

CourtneyJade wrote:So Ive been using GFTW fixes for a while now and they've always worked completely fine. I have all the downloaded add ons so get together and get to work and they worked perfectly. I recently downloaded the ultimate fix and i just cant get it to work. Why. Why. I keep getting the origin error which i didn't have this issue before downloading the new fix.

Ive been reading about all the little tricks to do and Ive tried everything.... My AV was disabled when i downloaded it and the folders are added to my exception list. I deleted the gameversion and the other file. Ive tried reinstalling it multiple times....

Hello and welcome to the forum @CourtneyJade,

Did you also add the location where you downloaded the Ultimate fix, to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus software ? If so, do you still have the .RAR file of the fix ? Open it up.

Then you drag & drop the contents of the .RAR directly into the game install folder again. Replacing all existing files when prompted. Then try the game again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 20:08

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
CourtneyJade wrote:So Ive been using GFTW fixes for a while now and they've always worked completely fine. I have all the downloaded add ons so get together and get to work and they worked perfectly. I recently downloaded the ultimate fix and i just cant get it to work. Why. Why. I keep getting the origin error which i didn't have this issue before downloading the new fix.

Hello and welcome to the forum @CourtneyJade,

Did you also add the location where you downloaded the Ultimate fix, to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus software ? If so, do you still have the .RAR file of the fix ? Open it up.

Then you drag & drop the contents of the .RAR directly into the game install folder again. Replacing all existing files when prompted. Then try the game again. Smile

Hi @the_gh0stm4n thanks for replying, and yes i did add the location to the exclusions list and i have also replaced the files a few times. Ive also re downloaded the fix multiple times to see if that would make a difference and it doesnt Sad sooo frustrating never had an issue before now....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 20:14

CourtneyJade wrote:Hi @the_gh0stm4n thanks for replying, and yes i did add the location to the exclusions list and i have also replaced the files a few times. Ive also re downloaded the fix multiple times to see if that would make a difference and it doesnt Sad sooo frustrating never had an issue before now....

If your Windows is a 64-bit version, try moving your install folder of The Sims 4 directly under C:\Program files (that is a different folder, than the Program files x86-one).

Then try running the TS4_x64.exe under the Game\Bin folders. In the past, this has shown itself to be a possible alernative route.

If not, what is your anti-virus program ? Have you considered removing it (i.e. uninstalling it) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 20:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
CourtneyJade wrote:Hi @the_gh0stm4n thanks for replying, and yes i did add the location to the exclusions list and i have also replaced the files a few times. Ive also re downloaded the fix multiple times to see if that would make a difference and it doesnt Sad sooo frustrating never had an issue before now....

If your Windows is a 64-bit version, try moving your install folder of The Sims 4 directly under C:\Program files (that is a different folder, than the Program files x86-one).

Then try running the TS4_x64.exe under the Game\Bin folders. In the past, this has shown itself to be a possible alernative route.

If not, what is your anti-virus program ? Have you considered removing it (i.e. uninstalling it) ?
@the_gh0stm4n Ok, so i moved it to C:\ program files and i got a white screen (as if its trying to start) which i havnt had before. But then i get an initialization error?
I have just basic AVG, which i have previously turned off before when downloading and installing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Aug 2016, 20:52

CourtneyJade wrote:@the_gh0stm4n Ok, so i moved it to C:\ program files and i got a white screen (as if its trying to start) which i havnt had before. But then i get an initialization error?
I have just basic AVG, which i have previously turned off before when downloading and installing it.

AVG is bad, I really suggest you consider un-installing it, and then restart the computer.

Also, do you have Windows 10 ? If so, you need to tweak Windows Defender too after uninstalling AVG. You should add exclusions folders in Windows Defender too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 21:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
CourtneyJade wrote:@the_gh0stm4n Ok, so i moved it to C:\ program files and i got a white screen (as if its trying to start) which i havnt had before. But then i get an initialization error?

AVG is bad, I really suggest you consider un-installing it, and then restart the computer.

Also, do you have Windows 10 ? If so, you need to tweak Windows Defender too after uninstalling AVG. You should add exclusions folders in Windows Defender too.
@the_Gh0stm4n Ok ill consider uninstalling it but like i said the issue is no longer about origin its about the start up? it seems to try an start up but it just doesn't. Ive already added them to my windows defender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 21:15

Have you tried to start your game as an Administrator ?
Right-click on TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe in your installationfolder Game - Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2016, 16:20

@tarac Hi yes i have tried that a few times im still getting this initialization error

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top