Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working. Empty Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working.

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 19:05

ive tried EVERYTHING the game plays but the expansion pack isn't installed in the game. I've downloaded and installed the ultimate fix that didn't work i went though the whole anti virus and that didn't work either. why isn't it working this is so frustrating I've followed every direction you gave please help!!

Back to top Go down

Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working. Empty Re: Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working.

Post by D' Eradicated Tue 09 Jun 2015, 20:29

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Have you properly installed TS4: Get to Work? The game should be running smoothly if done correctly with the expansion packs and DLCs intact. Where did you copy the files from the Get To Work RAR file?

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working. Empty Re: Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working.

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 23:33

well i copied it to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 but in the game I've noticed a few differences like the cell phone is different now there is a pool option and also on the stereo there's holiday music options

Back to top Go down

Post by D' Eradicated Wed 10 Jun 2015, 03:27

Try extracting the contents of the GTW archive to the installation folder then apply the Ultimate Fix. Now that you're seeing pools mean that you successfully applied the Ultimate Fix only.

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 19:39

vickistreete wrote:ive tried EVERYTHING the game plays but the expansion pack isn't installed in the game. I've downloaded and installed the ultimate fix that didn't work i went though the whole anti virus and that didn't work either. why isn't it working this is so frustrating I've followed every direction you gave please help!!
Might i ask, is it an initialization error? or are you logged into origin? or does the origin login window pop up after launch? Because the main thing I've noticed when something like your problem or an initialization error is that no one actually reads EVERYTHING in the install guide and to make everything appear you have to apply the fix as follows, LOG OUT of origin and make sure you exit in the task manager if it's still there. go into airplane mode, and then launch and then everything should work that way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 22:54

well the game was working perfectly fine but with out the expansion pack and then i did what you said to extract the gtw files to the installation folder and re-install the fix now the game doesn't load at all it says orgin needs to update the game and now i tried exiting out of orgin completely and nothing happens no message nor does the game start. ugh lol i wish you could just install if for me lol

Back to top Go down

Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working. Empty Tried EVERYTHING...

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2015, 08:16

I have looked over ever post, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, GTW and the fix numerous times and nothing is working. The game loads and I've gotten some DLC I believe. No pools, no camping stuff, no traits. The only thing that will work is the base game. Origin is down 100% and my anti virus and all has been delt with properly as stated in the guides and on here. And yet I'm still stuck. It took me over two hours to even find a way to post this.  Why God. Noob I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Jun 2015, 22:32

vickistreete wrote:well the game was working perfectly fine but with out the expansion pack and then i did what you said to extract the gtw files to the installation folder and re-install the fix now the game doesn't load at all it says orgin needs to update the game and now i tried exiting out of orgin completely and nothing happens no message nor does the game start. ugh lol i wish you could just install if for me lol

You can try re-downloading the crack-only here:
http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

But in the end, you will probably need to find out what exactly on your computer is blocking the crack of the game. Check for any trial version anti-malware/anti-virus programs, toolbars with "security"-functions or any other downsized security software. I know this is difficult, but there is no other way around it ("thanks" to the fact that EA has arguably done a good job in making the game nearly uncrackable, unfortunately).

Good luck for now, still ! Installed the sims 4 expansion pack get to work and isnt working. Icon_smile 

//EDIT

Should it really not work at all, I will try and help you via TeamViewer. Feel free to check out the chatbox at the top of the forum's main page, when you see me online there !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top