Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED] Empty How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2016, 22:44

Hello to all, I hope that I am posting this question in the correct place. If I am not, I apologize. This morning I saw that Skidrow & Reloaded released the expansion pack for dine out. So I downloaded a file from them as a torrent, by the name of The Sims 4 Deluxe Edition V1.20.60.1020 INCL Dine Out. The file was 16.2 gbs, and took several hours for me to download. When I finally downloaded it, I opened it up to install it and saw that no install instructions were included. I have no idea how to download it. I'm a bit confused about it period. When I read over it, it was my understanding that the base game and all the dlcs were included in this one file. So, I uninstalled my retail version of the base game and I have nothing install on my laptop at the moment. Could it be that I am suppose to have something previously installed from somewhere and this is just to add on? I don't understand. Also, when I opened it, I only saw two .exe files at the bottom. One of them is named EA.Game.Regfix.exe and the other is EASetup.exe. When I click the EASetup.exe, it has a language changer, I click English and then nothing happens. If I click the EA.Game.Regfix.exe, a message in Chinese comes up. So, I am completely clueless. If anyone can shed any light on this for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Update: I did a little research and I think all I am suppose to do is edit the RldOrigin.ini, so that the language appear English. Then I am suppose to run the TS4_x64.exe as administer. First, I did this while the file was still in the game/bin folder. When I did that, I got an error message saying "Unable to start, The contents of your user directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. So, when I moved the file to desktop and tried it, I didn't get the message but what I got was origin popping up trying to get me to log in. So, I am not sure what to do. I never knew how to bypass origin.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 19:41; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 09:47

Apparently Sims 4 is still in your registry which is good in this case.
The version you downloaded has no install-file but you can run it directly from the download - Game - Bin - TS4.exe (or TS4_x64.exe). This download will only work if you have an entry for the Sims 4 in your registry.

The error message Can't run, please update via Origin is caused by your legit game.
Solution to that problem is to remove the file GameVersion from the folder My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4.
Then start your game again.

Should you still have the Origin problem, there is a folder with a Russian name in your download. (the last folder above EASetup)
In that folder you will find a zip-file, unpack it with Winrar and copy the files over to your Bin folder.
Be careful as your anti-virus will try to "kill" part of the crack (RldOrigin.dll).
Therefore, exclude the folder Bin in your anti-virus before you extract the zip-file.
If necessary, repeat the above action. (extract and copy/paste).

Note about the language: As far as I can remember, the default language in this download is German.
You can easily change that to f.e. English when you open the file RldOrigin.ini (in the Bin folder).
Change the language zh_?? (can't remeber exactly) to en_US, save the file and start your game the first time as an Administrator.

Back to top Go down

How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install The Sims 4 Dine Out Skidrow? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 13:19

Thank YOU!  Carlos is tha man!!!  It's working now.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more help. Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top