Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem Empty The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 17:36

I have downloaded the all in one version of the game with the newest expansion pack "Dine Out" and followed every single instruction to install it (actually I have just changed the files with existing game on my Pc - so the existing one is all gone. Sad ) but whenever I try to play the game it starts with the black screen as well as the background music of the Sims 4.I didn't have such a problem like this before changing the files. I think I am missing something while installing but I don't know what it is. Also reinstalled the vcredist files but it still doesn't work.Moreover, I tried to play the game changing its screen size to "1" as I read it somewhere in one of the posts about this problem. I don't know what to do now and I hope somebody can suggest me a good solution. 

Thanks

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem Empty Re: The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Sep 2016, 20:32

melisims wrote:I have downloaded the all in one version of the game with the newest expansion pack "Dine Out" and followed every single instruction to install it (actually I have just changed the files with existing game on my Pc - so the existing one is all gone. Sad ) but whenever I try to play the game it starts with the black screen as well as the background music of the Sims 4.I didn't have such a problem like this before changing the files. I think I am missing something while installing but I don't know what it is. Also reinstalled the vcredist files but it still doesn't work.Moreover, I tried to play the game changing its screen size to "1" as I read it somewhere in one of the posts about this problem. I don't know what to do now and I hope somebody can suggest me a good solution. 

Thanks

Hello @melisims and welcome to the forum,

So you downloaded an "all-in-one" edition of the game, but then you changed something? What exactly did you change? Also, what are your computer specs, and what Windows version are you running? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem Empty Re: The Sims 4 Dine Out Black Screen Problem

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:14

There are various "all-in-one" downloads.
These downloads are in fact meant for those people just starting with the Sims 4 (so no previous installations on their computer).
When you want to use such downloads, you must remove all old installations.

The most commonly used "all-in-one" is in Russian and is approx 15,5 GB. Just installing the game takes almost an hour apart from the lengthy downloadtime.
There also exists another download of 16,4 GB that requires no installation at all. This one is in .iso format and you'll only have to download,mount the iso and play. (being an iso you don't have to mess with anti-virus)

In your case however I would recommend:
1. Delete all previous installed Sims-4 items
2. Download and install Base Game - Get to Work - Get Together - Ultimate fix (in that order) from G4TW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 10:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
melisims wrote:I have downloaded the all in one version of the game with the newest expansion pack "Dine Out" and followed every single instruction to install it (actually I have just changed the files with existing game on my Pc - so the existing one is all gone. Sad ) but whenever I try to play the game it starts with the black screen as well as the background music of the Sims 4.I didn't have such a problem like this before changing the files. I think I am missing something while installing but I don't know what it is. Also reinstalled the vcredist files but it still doesn't work.Moreover, I tried to play the game changing its screen size to "1" as I read it somewhere in one of the posts about this problem. I don't know what to do now and I hope somebody can suggest me a good solution. 

Thanks

Hello @melisims and welcome to the forum,

So you downloaded an "all-in-one" edition of the game, but then you changed something? What exactly did you change? Also, what are your computer specs, and what Windows version are you running? Smile

Hi @The_gh0stm4nTalk to my left hand

I think I really made a huge mistake with this changing files - copying & pasting the new game files to my existing the Sims 4 folder which was Get Together skidrowreloaded version. I am not a new player of the Sims 4 but I don't remember how to install it. Oh my... "Get together" expansion has been working fine for a very long time.

Windows 10 home 64 bit, Intel(R) core(tm) i7 CPU M640 2.80 GHz (4CPus),DirectX 10,AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 10:19

Tarac wrote:There are various "all-in-one" downloads.
These downloads are in fact meant for those people just starting with the Sims 4 (so no previous installations on their computer).
When you want to use such downloads, you must remove all old installations.

The most commonly used "all-in-one" is in Russian and is approx 15,5 GB. Just installing the game takes almost an hour apart from the lengthy downloadtime.
There also exists another download of 16,4 GB that requires no installation at all. This one is in .iso format and you'll only have to download,mount the iso and play. (being an iso you don't have to mess with anti-virus)

In your case however I would recommend:
1. Delete all previous installed Sims-4 items
2. Download and install Base Game - Get to Work - Get Together - Ultimate fix (in that order) from G4TW

Yeah @Tarac this time I wanted make the installation short but it didn't go as I thought. Like a beginner I just downloaded skidrowreloaded version of the game which is 16,4 GB - I think it was Japanese- It is not .iso format - it is just like download the files and start the game - and I don't have an anti-virus btw. Oh my...

I want to try removing all the Sims 4 files and downloading the game now as you said. Thanks. I hope it works this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Sep 2016, 22:05

melisims wrote:
Yeah @Tarac this time I wanted make the installation short but it didn't go as I thought. Like a beginner I just downloaded skidrowreloaded version of the game which is 16,4 GB - I think it was Japanese- It is not .iso format - it is just like download the files and start the game - and I don't have an anti-virus btw. Oh my...

I want to try removing all the Sims 4 files and downloading the game now as you said. Thanks. I hope it works this time.

Sorry for the late reply, but please do!

Make sure that you add the install folder of The Sims 4, under your exclusions in "Windows Defender" too. Since Windows Defender can also mess up the game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top