Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem. Empty Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem.

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 20:23

Hello there. Im posting my own thing about this problem for the admin. =)

Ive tried everything mentioned to make this work. And i really want it to, so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be awesome.

Im not having any error messages, when i click to enter the game my screen goes black and i have a hour glass in the middle of the screen. This stays for maybe 20 secs. then it flickers and returns me to my desk top.
i watched the video on how to properly crack and install it. i followed that exactly. when i went to play it, it would do the black screen for a few secconds then go back to desk top thing. So, i changed the compatiblity to windows 95 and even tried windows 2000. then did the DEP thing. Now, it lets me go to the opening screen. if i click 800x600 or 1024x768 or sims creator it does the black screen then back to the desk top . Then i tried screen resolution. same result.

I dont know what else to do. Im really new at this, so im sure its something im missing. Im happy to try anything. Im using a windows 7 asus laptop.

Thanks Alot!

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem. Empty Re: Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem.

Post by Admin Sat 07 Jan 2012, 23:15

Hello,

First of all, please see if your PC can run the game (Can't imagine it can't, but just to be sure): http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

If the answer is yes, please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. I'll see what I can do for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem. Empty Re: Sims 1 Collection "black screen then back to desktop" problem.

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 01:17

I worked on it some more, and now its telling me theres not a disk in the drive. any ideas on stuff to try?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 01:25

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jan 2012, 01:40

I may have figured it out. I used 7zip insted of winrar. that may be it... ill try redoing it with winrar. if that dosent work, ill try catching you on the chat.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:55

Admin wrote:Hello,

First of all, please see if your PC can run the game (Can't imagine it can't, but just to be sure): http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

LOL
I can't imagine anyone still using a pc that can't run The Sims, such a computer should be treasured as a relic!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2012, 00:06

I have an asus laptop that was bought in aug. 2011 that has windows 7 with updated drivers. i redownloaded and used winrar. now i cant even open setup bc when it goes to open the installer it closes saying "Unknown error encountered, aborting setup..." Im so angry at all this. i have no idea what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:45

Hello,
I didn't think your computer would be the problem, but what is? I have no idea to be honest. Best to wait for Admin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 18:33

AngelaRain wrote:I have an asus laptop that was bought in aug. 2011 that has windows 7 with updated drivers. i redownloaded and used winrar. now i cant even open setup bc when it goes to open the installer it closes saying "Unknown error encountered, aborting setup..." Im so angry at all this. i have no idea what to do.
Hello,

Don't be angry, just give it some time. Time will tell.
Since I assume you're trying to reinstall the game, please use this method:

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When
you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and
drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is
done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now,
start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should
be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top