Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install Empty The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 18:25

A couple of months ago I downloaded Sims 4 Base Game + Get Together + Get to Work (all from games4theworld), and they were working fine up until about three weeks ago. My antivirus started detecting the Rld.Origin as a virus and I started getting problems with starting the game up, but each time this happened I just had to 'reset' the file inside the AV software and the game would run again. However I got tired of having to do so everytime I wanted to play, so I left it be for a 
while.

Yesterday I felt like playing again and noticed there was a Dine Out pack available for download in this thread, posted by user @tarac. I saw other posts saying it was working so I thought I'd give it a shot. The download went fine, I followed all instructions but unfortunately when I tried to start the game it would crash almost immediately. I went back here to see if I could find some answers on how to fix this and learned that I had to install the new Ultimate Fix. I did this too, and tried again but there was no change. The game still crashes, I get past the "Maxis" screen but as soon as "The Sims 4" shows I get a pop up saying the game has crashed. I installed the new Ultimate Fix after the Dine Out pack and I'm starting to wonder if that might be the problem? I'm also aware that the game might have problems to run if you have not marked certain folders as 'safe' in your AV software, but unfortunately I haven't been able to locate where to do so in the one I'm using (McAfee). 

Is there a way for me to fix this without having to re-install everything from scratch?

I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install Empty Re: The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Sep 2016, 20:40

zevvs wrote:A couple of months ago I downloaded Sims 4 Base Game + Get Together + Get to Work (all from games4theworld), and they were working fine up until about three weeks ago. My antivirus started detecting the Rld.Origin as a virus and I started getting problems with starting the game up, but each time this happened I just had to 'reset' the file inside the AV software and the game would run again. However I got tired of having to do so everytime I wanted to play, so I left it be for a 
while.

Yesterday I felt like playing again and noticed there was a Dine Out pack available for download in this thread, posted by user @tarac. I saw other posts saying it was working so I thought I'd give it a shot. The download went fine, I followed all instructions but unfortunately when I tried to start the game it would crash almost immediately. I went back here to see if I could find some answers on how to fix this and learned that I had to install the new Ultimate Fix. I did this too, and tried again but there was no change. The game still crashes, I get past the "Maxis" screen but as soon as "The Sims 4" shows I get a pop up saying the game has crashed. I installed the new Ultimate Fix after the Dine Out pack and I'm starting to wonder if that might be the problem? I'm also aware that the game might have problems to run if you have not marked certain folders as 'safe' in your AV software, but unfortunately I haven't been able to locate where to do so in the one I'm using (McAfee). 

Is there a way for me to fix this without having to re-install everything from scratch?

I'm new here.

Hello and welcome to the forum @zevvs,

Have a look at the solutions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

And see if anything from there helps you. Also, if you kept the install order as Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix, then it should be fine.

Also, if you can't figure out how to configure exclusions in your anti-virus software, it might be an idea to uninstall that AV program - and then re-boot the computer. After which you re-apply the Ultimate fix and try the game again. Keep in mind that Windows Defender can also mess with the game's files and therefore, exclusions must be configured there too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install Empty Re: The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 20:53

When you have a 64-bits computer it's not necessary to exclude files and folders in your anti-virus.
In that case you'll have to start the Sims 4 with the file TS4_x64 in the folder Program Files(x64)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
The startfile used in the shortcut on your desktop is still referring to TS4.exe, so please alter that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
zevvs wrote:A couple of months ago I downloaded Sims 4 Base Game + Get Together + Get to Work (all from games4theworld), and they were working fine up until about three weeks ago. My antivirus started detecting the Rld.Origin as a virus and I started getting problems with starting the game up, but each time this happened I just had to 'reset' the file inside the AV software and the game would run again. However I got tired of having to do so everytime I wanted to play, so I left it be for a 
while.

I'm new here.

Hello and welcome to the forum @zevvs,

Have a look at the solutions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

And see if anything from there helps you. Also, if you kept the install order as Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Ultimate fix, then it should be fine.

Also, if you can't figure out how to configure exclusions in your anti-virus software, it might be an idea to uninstall that AV program - and then re-boot the computer. After which you re-apply the Ultimate fix and try the game again. Keep in mind that Windows Defender can also mess with the game's files and therefore, exclusions must be configured there too.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I couldn't find the solution in that list. I already tried some things, like changing the compatibility settings to Windows 8 (I'm on Windows 10), but that didn't work either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:20

Tarac wrote:When you have a 64-bits computer it's not necessary to exclude files and folders in your anti-virus.
In that case you'll have to start the Sims 4 with the file TS4_x64 in the folder Program Files(x64)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
The startfile used in the shortcut on your desktop is still referring to TS4.exe, so please alter that.

I tried this now and all I get is this pop up:

silent install - The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install Sims210

I noticed something while going through the folders, though. In order to get to the TS4_x64.exe I have to go through Program(x86) > The Sims 4 >  Game > Bin. But when I click the Game folder I see two folders, one named Bin and another one named Game? I don't think that's the way it should be. When I click the second Game folder I find another Bin folder. So it seems somehow I got double folders. Not sure how that happened. Could/should I delete something here? One of the Bin folders was last changed yesterday. I guess that's where I put the new files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:33

The folder Game should only contain 1 Bin folder
Probably you made a mistake in pasting folders.
remove the complete Game folder
download a new game-folder from HERE
Extract with winrar and put the folder Game in Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4  (not in any subfolder)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:46

Tarac wrote:Extract with winrar and put the folder Game in Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4  (not in any subfolder)

Done. Now how can I start the game? Should I try the TS4_x64 again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 21:49

Yes
You should now have Program Files(86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin - TS4_x64
Start the game the first time as an Administrator  (rightclick on Ts4_x64 and select that from the pop-up menu)
Make a new shortcut on your desktop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 22:04

Tarac wrote:Yes
You should now have Program Files(86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin - TS4_x64
Start the game the first time as an Administrator  (rightclick on Ts4_x64 and select that from the pop-up menu)
Make a new shortcut on your desktop

Tried this but still got the same issue as I wrote in my first post. I get past the "Maxis" screen but then it crashes and I get a pop up that says "The Sims 4 has stopped working". I installed the new ultimate fix yesterday but I don't know if that was deleted when I removed the previous Game folder? If that could have something to do with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 22:06

When you started this topic you said that everything worked perfectly before.
Later you revealed that you are on Windows 10.
When all was fine, were you on Win 10 then ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 22:16

Tarac wrote:When you started this topic you said that everything worked perfectly before.
Later you revealed that you are on Windows 10.
When all was fine, were you on Win 10 then ?

Yes. When I first installed the game I was already on Windows 10 and everything was fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 22:23

In that case, you must have made 1 or more mistakes in copy/paste of folders.
I suggest you remove everything and install again base game - Get to Work - Get Together - Ultimate fix (in that order)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 22:55

Tarac wrote:In that case, you must have made 1 or more mistakes in copy/paste of folders.
I suggest you remove everything and install again base game - Get to Work - Get Together - Ultimate fix (in that order)

Well that sucks. After I'm done re-installing those I should also add your Dine Out pack?

I have a ton of mods installed in the game, is it possible to transfer my current mods folder to my desktop and add it with the new installation when it's done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 23:16

Tarac wrote:In that case, you must have made 1 or more mistakes in copy/paste of folders.

Never mind my previous post. The game is working now Smile.
But I can't see my mods in the game? They are located in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods. All the files are in the folder but they won't show up. How come?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 10:35

Run The Sims 4, go to Game Options, select tab Other, check boxes from Enable Custom Content and Enable Script Mods. The Sims 4 automatically turns off CC temporarily as outdated mods could cause game freezeing and otherissues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2016, 18:12

simmer_tony wrote:Run The Sims 4, go to Game Options, select tab Other, check boxes from Enable Custom Content and Enable Script Mods. The Sims 4 automatically turns off CC temporarily as outdated mods could cause game freezeing and otherissues.

All is working fine now Smile. There is a small language problem though. Everything in the game is in English, except the lot names in each neighborhood. I would like to change this and have everything be English if possible. It's not vital, the game is still playable in spite of this, but it kind of bugs me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2016, 21:36

Take a look at here.

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install Empty Sims 4 ultimiate fix

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 07:28

Excuse me, where can I download the ultimate fix. I have the same problem. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:48

Hi! Sorry for cutting in.

Do I absolutely have to download both Get to Work and Get Together for the Ultimate Fix to work properly? I wasn't planning on playing GtW (I only want GT), so it would save me time not downloading it.

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 keeps crashing after Dine Out + Ultimate Fix install Empty SIMS 4 WON'T STOP LOADING

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2016, 00:58

Hello from Malaysia. First of all, I would like to say a million thanks to G4TW team who really made me save a lot of money buying the original Sims 4 games, but sadly after I downloaded the latest ULTIMATE FIX (Dine Out) my game won't stop loading and won't open the main menu (create a sim etc..) What I do wrong??? Can someone help me?? I've followed every single details and how to install the game from G4TW and basically all my Sims game is from your site. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game from the base game, but still it won't work. Can someone help me??? I'm feeling hopeless. Please don't tell me I have to buy the original game as it too expensive for me cause I'm staying in Malaysia. Please help!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2016, 11:20

Update: So I ended up downloading the EPs containing ALL of the releases and the most updated patch. It was around 18GB in total, but oh well. XD

To the guy above, are you SURE you followed every single step? Mine worked perfectly. I suggest you uninstall everything and repeat the steps. If you must, state every single thing you did right here and we'll see if you did something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2016, 14:29

Hello again. Yes, I've downloaded all Sims 4 games from G4TW..Sims 4 Basic, Get To Work, Get Together & the latest Dine Out. I've followed every single step..
1. Install Sims 4 basic.
2. Install GTW
3. Install Get Together
4. Install Ultimate Fix (Dine Out)
5. Run the game.

For once after installing, yes..it running smoothly. But once I logged out from the game, and try to play it again the next day, it just keeps loading and won't go to the main menu. I've turn off my windows defender and real-time protection. I've excluded the file in my anti-virus system. And I've also moved The Sims folder to C/Program Files (x86)/The Sims 4. Am I missing something??

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Nov 2016, 22:23

Everybody having the same problem as the OP, please open a NEW topic in The Sims 4 Downloads Support section. It only makes the thread to messy, if too many different people ask questions there.

Thank you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top