Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation compatibility question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Creation compatibility question Empty Creation compatibility question

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 19:32

Is the new gallery basically taking creations that are incompatible with the latest G4TW fix and making them compatible?

Back to top Go down

Creation compatibility question Empty Re: Creation compatibility question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 19:36

TheSimPatriot wrote:Is the new gallery basically taking creations that are incompatible with the latest G4TW fix and making them compatible?

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but the reason you get these messages about "the lot was created with a newer version of the game", is - simply - because these things were made with legit TS4 games on Origin.

G4TW's game is on patch 1.20.60.1020. The Origin one is farther ahead, because the game tends to lag behind in terms of being cracked.

And unfortunately there is no way (at least that I know of), to make these lots compatible, I'm sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 19:43

Okay, I understand that. I was curious if it could be done because of the new gallery exchange. I see now that it is a different thing entirely from just making creations compatible with the current G4TW fix that happen to be from the TS4 gallery.

Thank you for your feedback gh0st as it is always appreciated. I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:21

TheSimPatriot wrote:Okay, I understand that. I was curious if it could be done because of the new gallery exchange. I see now that it is a different thing entirely from just making creations compatible with the current G4TW fix that happen to be from the TS4 gallery.

Thank you for your feedback gh0st as it is always appreciated. I tip my fedora.

Sure, but I would like to think: if people are so much interested in this gallery, they should consider buying that TS4 base game on Origin, when there is a discount. 

Originally, I was against the idea of opening this gallery-section, because my thought process was: it involves a TON of work, and...I don't believe it adds that much "new content" here. And, a lot of the items that people would request, might not even work on pirated games.

But yes, time will tell how we proceed there. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:29

The reason that I originally asked was because of MTS/TSR posted creations and not so much the gallery itself. I do have one other additional question.

Can you organize your mods and tray folder as a parent folder so as to make it easier to remove troublesome mods without having to search through a ton of files?

Ex: %userprofile%\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\mods\MTS\[mod folder]\[mod files]
Ex: %userprofile%\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\mods\TSR\[mod folder]\[mod files]

Last edited by TheSimPatriot on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Asked an additional question)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:41

TheSimPatriot wrote:The reason that I originally asked was because of MTS/TSR posted creations and not so much the gallery itself. I do have one other additional question.

Can you organize your mods and tray folder as a parent folder so as to make it easier to remove troublesome mods without having to search through a ton of files?

Ex: %userprofile%\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\mods\MTS\\
Ex: %userprofile%\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\mods\TSR\\

Yes, you can organize the inside of your Mods folder:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

But in addition, also make sure to edit your Resource.cfg file too, so that it can recognize the layers of subfolders within "Mods". See this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20991-cc-mods-not-showing-in-game-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top