Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mod creation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mod creation? Empty mod creation?

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:04

hello!! i did a few searches for this topic but apologies if its been asked before and i missed it!!

im wondering about how creating mods and cc might be different with a G4TW copy of ts4 than with an origin-bought game. im currently going through the various methods of decompiling the games scripts with no success so far (though that might be a whole other kettle of fish, given the recent switch to python 3.7) - is there any reason this process might be different with a G4TW version? (if not, any chance someones had success with a particular method?)

sidenote - i play ts4 on a pc, but its the only windows computer ive ever owned or used. simple explanations of windows-specific concepts and terminology (if required) would be much appreciated!!

thank you!!

Back to top Go down

mod creation? Empty Re: mod creation?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:25

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

The "only" difference between DRM-free versions of The Sims 4 and legally-purchased ones is that the DRM-free versions have an Origin emulator that bypass the Origin prompt. Other than that, the filestructure to my knowledge is really the same.

Not sure if that is what you wanted to know or if you needed more details, but maybe someone with better technical know-how than me can shed more light on this. 

Then again, if a mod is compatible with a specific patch version, then it will work on both Origin & G4TW versions. Provided both are on the same patch level as the one that the mod supports.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 02:39

I can help with decompiling Python files:

1. Download and install Python 3.7.0: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-370/ Scroll to the bottom of this site and download "Windows x86 executable installer" if you have 32-bit system or "Windows x86-64 executable installer" if you have 64-bit one.
2. Download and extract Decompiler Front End: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=620210
3. Download unpyc3 and put it in the same folder as decompiler: https://github.com/andrew-tavera/unpyc37/blob/master/unpyc3.py (just click on Raw button)

Now you should have two files in your decompiler folder:
mod creation? Decomp10

Open command line there (fastest way is to click on address bar, type cmd and press enter) and type:
decompile.py -z "{your game installation folder}\Data\Simulation\Gameplay"
For example my game is in "F:\Games\The Sims 4", so I would type:
decompile.py -z "F:\Games\The Sims 4\Data\Simulation\Gameplay"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 03:51

@The_gh0stm4n - ahh thats great!! definitely the info i was looking for, thanks Smile)

@anadius - thank you for this and for the updated unpyc3!! the only stuff i could seem to find was pre-get famous. im still getting an error (i think im putting the decompiler folder in the wrong place?) but unsure if itd be kind of rude to beg for help about it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 03:54

I keep decompiler + unpyc3 on folder on desktop. It doesn't matter where those are. What error are you getting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:03

argh ive been keeping them on desktop too WhatDidUJustCallMe?

the error: "'decompile.py' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

i followed a tutorial about adding python to a PATH in settings but honestly i could have done it wrong ahah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:11

Ooops, I made a typo! It's decompiler.py, not decompile.py.
decompiler.py -z "{your game installation folder}\Data\Simulation\Gameplay"
And if that still doesn't work try this:
python decompiler.py -z "{your game installation folder}\Data\Simulation\Gameplay"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:16

ah thats no worries!! the first line gave me the same error, though, and the second gave me a whole new one Sad(

new error: "python: can't open file 'decompiler.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

sorry about this WhatDidUJustCallMe?/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:20

You need to open command line in that folder first!

option 1: click on location bar, type cmd and press enter

option 2: search for cmd, open it, type: cd "{folder where your decompiler files are}"

And then: decompiler.py -z "{your game installation folder}\Data\Simulation\Gameplay"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:32

ahhh a million thank yous!!! it all decompiled properly Smile) thank you so much for your help, anadius!! i need so much handholding for anything windows but sadly no one finds it more painful than me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:35

It's alright, now you know how to do it. Very Happy Check that unpyc3 link every time you want to decompile files, there might be some update so it decompiles better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top