Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 08:48

Hello, 

I'm going to start off by saying that I did see the other topic about black boxes being under sims and tried setting the shadows to medium, only to have no luck. They're still there.

The boxes appeared after I changed the graphic rules in order to have the resolution at 1920x1080 instead of the original 800x600 that Sims 2 had. I tried messing around with the graphic rules some more to get rid of the boxes by basically getting rid of shadows all together, but the boxes still wouldn't go away. 

I have been searching every topic on here for about an hour now to try and see if anyone else is having the same issue or if a fix is known, only to find nothing. If i'm doing something wrong or have a fix for this, please let me know. 

Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Oct 2016, 09:03

Dawnie wrote:Hello, 

I'm going to start off by saying that I did see the other topic about black boxes being under sims and tried setting the shadows to medium, only to have no luck. They're still there.

The boxes appeared after I changed the graphic rules in order to have the resolution at 1920x1080 instead of the original 800x600 that Sims 2 had. I tried messing around with the graphic rules some more to get rid of the boxes by basically getting rid of shadows all together, but the boxes still wouldn't go away. 

I have been searching every topic on here for about an hour now to try and see if anyone else is having the same issue or if a fix is known, only to find nothing. If i'm doing something wrong or have a fix for this, please let me know. 

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Does the portion in your GraphicsRules.sgr look like this?

The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED] A4qw4p

I.e., do you have the 1920 x 1080 resolution on low, medium AND high settings? Did you make sure to save the changes to the textfile too?

I would also try and look for the following in the GraphicsRules.sgr:

Code:
option Shadows
   setting $Low
      boolProp simShadows       false
      boolProp objectShadows    false
      boolProp guob             false
      boolProp heightMapShadows false

setting $Medium
      boolProp objectShadows    false
      boolProp guob             true
      boolProp heightMapShadows true

setting $High
      boolProp objectShadows    true
      boolProp guob             true
      boolProp heightMapShadows true

Put the boolProp simShadows on false in all 3 paragraphs, in your own file. Again, save the changes upon exiting the text file and see what happens in the game. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 Black Boxes Still There. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 09:20

That fixed it! Thank you so much for the help and the quick response Very Happy it was driving me crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Oct 2016, 09:25

Dawnie wrote:That fixed it! Thank you so much for the help and the quick response Very Happy it was driving me crazy

You mean the thing with the boolProp simShadows? Very Happy  If so, that's really great !  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 09:40

Yeah! I had only changed one of the booprop simShadows to say false, not all three. Also, I changed the screen resolutions in the low and medium to 1920 and 1080 as the picture you sent, since I only did the high.  

Thanks again  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Oct 2016, 09:43

Dawnie wrote:Yeah! I had only changed one of the booprop simShadows to say false, not all three. Also, I changed the screen resolutions in the low and medium to 1920 and 1080 as the picture you sent, since I only did the high.  

Thanks again  Very Happy

Oh, OK then. That's still very interesting!

The Sims 2 (as much as I find it superior to, let's say, The Sims 4  What a Face )...has a very strange way in which its graphics settings work. But alright; feel free to open a new topic anytime again, if you need support with anything we can help with. Have fun with The Sims 2!

Problem solved, topic closed. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top