Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blank boxes? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blank boxes? [SOLVED] Empty Blank boxes? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 00:35

Recently I got my computer back after a few problems were fixed and I had to redownload everything over again for Sims. I have installed the Sims 3 with pure Games4TheWorld files before and hadn't run into any problems, but now when I try and start running the Showtime EP, it tells me that I don't have Sims 3 installed at all and that I need to install that and try run Showtime again. Well, I do have Sims installed, but Showtime isn't recognizing it! I haven't tried any other EP's, so I don't know if it's just this one, and I don't want to screw anything up. Help please and quickly?

EDIT:: Redownloading now, seeing if that helps.

EDIT2:: Redownloaded, and added Showtime. When I started the game it said something about not recognizing my graphics card or something of the sort, then, ignoring it, I just accepted everything and tried loading Starlight Shores...well everything was gray when in the town view? Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT3:: So, I got all my expansions downloaded so far (Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, Seasons, Showtime, and Supernatural, planning on adding the rest {Late Night, World Adventures, Uni} and the Stuff packs soon after they're done downloading). Now, my problem is that none of the boxes have words? When the main menu comes up the towns don't show up, if I click the ellipses (...) all the boxes are empty, but they are clickable. Also, my CC doesn't show up. Usually a box shows up with the overhaul-like mods (NRaas stuff), and it didn't. Really need help now, I'm SO close! Oh, and I did apply the update and all the fixes with the EP's I have.

Back to top Go down

Blank boxes? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Blank boxes? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 16:39

Just to check, have you applied the Ultimate Fix?
You talk about the fixes for EPs, but cracks within the torrents are not up to date and do not work! Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:24

FallingUnder wrote:Recently I got my computer back after a few problems were fixed and I had to redownload everything over again for Sims. I have installed the Sims 3 with pure Games4TheWorld files before and hadn't run into any problems, but now when I try and start running the Showtime EP, it tells me that I don't have Sims 3 installed at all and that I need to install that and try run Showtime again. Well, I do have Sims installed, but Showtime isn't recognizing it! I haven't tried any other EP's, so I don't know if it's just this one, and I don't want to screw anything up. Help please and quickly?

EDIT:: Redownloading now, seeing if that helps.

EDIT2:: Redownloaded, and added Showtime. When I started the game it said something about not recognizing my graphics card or something of the sort, then, ignoring it, I just accepted everything and tried loading Starlight Shores...well everything was gray when in the town view? Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT3:: So, I got all my expansions downloaded so far (Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, Seasons, Showtime, and Supernatural, planning on adding the rest {Late Night, World Adventures, Uni} and the Stuff packs soon after they're done downloading). Now, my problem is that none of the boxes have words? When the main menu comes up the towns don't show up, if I click the ellipses (...) all the boxes are empty, but they are clickable. Also, my CC doesn't show up. Usually a box shows up with the overhaul-like mods (NRaas stuff), and it didn't. Really need help now, I'm SO close! Oh, and I did apply the update and all the fixes with the EP's I have.

//MOVED

Hello,

Can you also update your graphics drivers ?

If the window about the "unrecognized graphics card" still shows up and you start the game, all your graphics settings will be set to minimum. This usually means that your graphics card is "too new", and can't be recognized by the game. But we'll get to that later.

For now, please make sure to re-apply the "manual patch", and then the two files from the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix. This means, repeat the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck ! Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 23:28

ShamrockJust to check, have you applied the Ultimate Fix?
You talk about the fixes for EPs, but cracks within the torrents are not up to date and do not work! Wink 
Yes, that's what I meant by the fixes for the EPs, but I guess I should've been more clear.

Carlos G. wrote:Can you also update your graphics drivers ? 

If the window about the "unrecognized graphics card" still shows up and you start the game, all your graphics settings will be set to minimum. This usually means that your graphics card is "too new", and can't be recognized by the game. But we'll get to that later.

For now, please make sure to re-apply the "manual patch", and then the two files from the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix. This means, repeat the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck ! Blank boxes? [SOLVED] Icon_wink
The window about the unrecognized graphics card doesn't come up any more, and even if it did my graphics card is completely up-to-date. (Had to upgrade everything all over again when I got my computer back), although before when it stopped showing the message and I was able to start the game, Starlight Shores was still a glitchy grey when I was in town view. I don't know if this was a problem with Showtime or the game itself as I never checked Sunset Valley (stupid me).

I've applied the newest manual patch and the ultimate fix, but nothing has fixed this problem...

I've heard that if I download Town Life Stuff helps fix some things, as installing it fixed everything on someone else's game. I've installed it and I'm going to check if it's fixed now, I'll report back soon!

EDIT:: Nothing. Guess I'll reinstall everything AGAIN
EDIT2:: Reinstalled everything all over again and never opened/applied fixes until I finally finished all of them. Then I applied the manual patch, a store patch that Sims made me install, and then added all the fixes from the ultimate fix pack and now I just have to check if my mods will work! Really happy now, as far as I can tell there's no bugs now!
This topic can be closed, now Very Happy

Helper edit: Good to hear that problem is solved. Please feel free to contact us if you need any help Smile

-Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top