Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware? Empty Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware?

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2016, 04:42

I get the feeling my game would run a lot faster if it had access to more than 2gb of RAM (my PC has eight). Has anyone done this?

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware? Empty Re: Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Oct 2016, 05:45

Tyro wrote:I get the feeling my game would run a lot faster if it had access to more than 2gb of RAM (my PC has eight). Has anyone done this?

Hello and welcome to the forum @Tyro,

Yes, with this little tool here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Download it, and double-click on it. When prompted, navigate to your TS3W.exe, which by default should be located under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Select the TS3W.exe file and wait for the message 'executable successfully patched' - and there you go!

Keep in mind that - since The Sims 3 is a 32-bit application - your game will only be able to use 4GB of your total available RAM, even after using this patch. However, this extension does make a huge difference in-game, making glitches such as the infamous Error 12 when saving the game, less likely.

Good luck! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware? Empty Re: Can the Sims 3 be made large address aware?

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2016, 00:32

Is it necessary to also patch the individal expansion .exe files? I'm using version 1.67 (cracked).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Oct 2016, 01:00

Tyro wrote:Is it necessary to also patch the individal expansion .exe files? I'm using version 1.67 (cracked).

Good question, but nope. You are only running the TS3W.exe when playing The Sims 3, so that is the file you need to focus on. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2016, 05:14

Very easy to install but is there a way to uninstall this sort of patch, once you applied it on your game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Oct 2016, 05:46

orlandoLaCorneille wrote:Very easy to install but is there a way to uninstall this sort of patch, once you applied it on your game?

Hello,

I believe the patch creates a backup of the executables that you patch. I'm not 100% sure right now (since I'm on a different computer now than the one I use for gaming), but the backup file should look like this: TS3W.exe.backup. That means at first you need to delete or move out the actual TS3W.exe, then you take this backup file and rename it in such a way as to remove its .backup file ending. And re-start the game with the (now "original") executable.

The other route is, you re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and then the Ultimate fix.

Is there a reason though you want to revert back to the original file? To my knowledge, I can't think of any disadvantages that this patch might bring...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2016, 14:07

Well... Although I play this game for more than ten years, I lack a lot of skills when it comes to computer, and fortune, I suppose Smile
So, It borked my settings and I had to re-set all. In game the patterns are a little fuzzy. And last but not least, my game crashed after less than half an hour... So, maybe it's not the patch, perhaps my new settings are wrong but... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Oct 2016, 01:00

orlandoLaCorneille wrote:Well... Although I play this game for more than ten years, I lack a lot of skills when it comes to computer, and fortune, I suppose Smile
So, It borked my settings and I had to re-set all. In game the patterns are a little fuzzy. And last but not least, my game crashed after less than half an hour... So, maybe it's not the patch, perhaps my new settings are wrong but... Wink

I see. In your case, the source of the issues is mostly likely not the 4GB patch, but other things. You should open a new thread in case you need support though, since discussing it in here will make this thread too confusing to follow. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2016, 01:11

Thanks! I surely will if I don't succeed by myself. Fell free to delete my posts here Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Oct 2016, 01:30

orlandoLaCorneille wrote:Fell free to delete my posts here Wink

No, it's cool. No need to delete any posts here (we normally don't delete anything unless it's spam/double-posting, something offensive, abusive or otherwise inappropriate stuff - and even then we often "just" move the posts to a hidden forum area, that is accessible for Mods/Admins only).

Good luck for now, and indeed, feel free to open a new topic anytime!

Piece of cake.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top