Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work Empty Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work

Post by Guest Wed 18 Aug 2010, 08:47

I've spent better part of the past two days trying everything I could to get my game to work. I had a great working copy of Sims 3 but decided to see what I might found out there to add to it. I found the games4theworld file and there began my horror. The great thing is, it's working FINE now!! As a matter of fact, I've got it open in the background just waiting for my return! I have a pretty good idea on how to use and install these games, but this one had me running in circles. I'd like to simply to FINAL version of how I managed to get the game working. And yes, this includes all of the expansions. Hopefully this will help others. I've scanned the forums for hours trying to find some tidbit of help. I was to my last try at making this work before I broke down and asked for help on here... thankfully I'm here to offer what little I may just in case someone else out there is having the same trouble. Maybe I won't further confuse anyone. U;s

First, if you aren't using CCleaner download it right now. Use it now, use it after you've installed or uninstalled, heck use it again when you're done just to be sure. Just use it! Any other programs I'm going to assume you already have. I'm also going to borrow a lot from another post from here on the site that was quite helpful... just not helpful enough in my case. The post is:mThe Sims 3 error.... (my additions to this copied portion below will be the colored text)

(Re-)Installing The Sims 3 + Expansions

- Uninstall all "The Sims 3" Expansion Packs and the base game
- Delete the directory / folder called "The Sims 3" in My Documents/Electronic Arts
- Restart your computer
- Install The Sims 3 base game
Do not update. Only update if it tells you to update when you start the next expansion up. Use the updates from the Patches Scroll site listed in the downloads. If you get an error saying you're using the wrong region for the update, try another update that should work with your game. There WILL be an update for your game, you just have to choose the correct one. I don't remember which ones or I'd tell you.
- Install all desired expansions from Games4theWorld in the following order: World Adventures->High-End Loft Stuff->Ambitions
Here is where I ran into a lot of issues throughout my many re-installations. It seemed to boil down to an issue with the updates. Which updates? When? Do I use the crack in this one now? Especially after the third or fourth uninstall, reinstall hell.. it just all starts getting confusing. The big factor this last time seemed to be that I didn't update or crack ANYTHING until I absolutely had to. So after reinstalling the base game, I only used the update for Sims 3 when it told me I had to before installing World Adventures.
Do NOT apply any cracks at this stage. Only update if it says you have to. As soon as the WA install is finished, start the HELS install. Again, don't crack it and don't update it unless you have to. When that install is finished, go ahead and start up the Ambitions install.
Same as the others, don't crack it and don't update it unless it tells you to.

Also, I do not open or try to play the game between expansion installs. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal. So don't you dare try to play this game at any point during install or it's your own fault if it doesn't work!

Download Selyo's Fix
- Open your browser and visit Torrentz.com
- Search for the following sentence: "The Sims 3 Expansion Packs Cracks" and download the first one (July 13th) @ approximately 520mb (by selyo)

At this point, I was kind of on my own. If I used the original games4theworld cracks, my game would open but crash. If I used the Selyo cracks I would get an error about versions. Make sure you have those original crack files for Ambitions ready though, you'll need them soon. For now, go ahead and open up Selyo's files and install those 4 where they need to go.

Using Selyo's Cracks (WINDOWS 7 ONLY)
+This may apply to Vista; I'm not sure+

- Copy/paste selyo's The Sims 3 crack (the files given in the
base game part of the Torrent) into Program Files.../Electronic Arts/The
Sims 3/Games/Bin
-
Copy/paste selyo's The Sims 3: Ambitions crack (the files given in the
Ambitions part of the Torrent) into Program Files.../Electronic Arts/The
Sims 3 Ambitions/Bin

Don't try and play it just yet, we've got one more step to go. NOW grab those original crack files. Take the TSLHost.dll file from the #2 Crack file and replace the file you just replaced in the Program Files.../Electronic Arts/The
Sims 3 Ambitions/Bin.
Now you've got Selyo's crack working everywhere but that one file and POOF my game works just like it should. I have no idea what made me start swapping around those two versions of the cracks but that's the combination that works for me... maybe it'll help someone else. If you can make sense of all I've said here!

- Open the launcher and play the game!

Admin edit: It's OK that you made your own topic for this problem, but we already have such topic, which actually says exactly the same, but then a little bit different. All this topics together are confusing people, so I recommend you just use THIS FIX in order to fix this problem.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work

Post by Admin Wed 18 Aug 2010, 18:01

Hello,

I think we already had such fix-topics.
If you have / had any problems, you could always have contacted us here through the Forum and we would've helped you out.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 + All EPs - And How I Did It And Made It Work

Post by Guest Sun 05 Sep 2010, 08:57

in installing the WA, do i still have to change the SKU?

I understand what your trying to say. .That you cant crack anything because you cant patch, then crack them after everything is installed with SELYO's crack.

If im not mistaken, you have to skip the parts where you have to replace the files in the bin, but continue with the patching. .what about the SKU?

Are you going to use only CRACK 3? . im sorta confuse cause all my problems are with WA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Sep 2010, 16:12

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Sep 2010, 21:49

this still didnt work with me still getting the not compatible with base game error

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Sep 2010, 16:38

Tamstarqueen wrote:this still didnt work with me still getting the not compatible with base game error

Hello,

This should fix your problem:

1. Uninstall The Sims 3 and all its Expansions.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall The Sims 3.
4. Install WA.*
5. Install HELS.*
6. Install Ambitions.
7. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/fixes-f18/the-sims-3-error-0x039e8474-fix-t451.htm
8. It should work fine now.

* = Optional
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top