Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED] Empty Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016, 00:39

Just recently I tried to login to player profile and wall through the game. I'm getting the error message invalid email/password...however I'm able to login to TheSims3 website with the same exact email/password combo. At first I thought maybe it was down, however when logging on threw TheSims3 website and going to my page I can see people are making post for Simport. So now I'm thinking it's just me.

I read where to delete the file in C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads named with your email address. I've done that and emptied the trash. I also cleared all my browser data between three browsers even though I only consistently use one. I ran antivirus scans, malware scans, disk cleanup, ccleaner, and disc defrag. Restarted computer but yet I still can't login through the game. I was able to before so I don't know what else to do. 

Any Suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Nov 2016, 02:05

Summerbear5 wrote:Just recently I tried to login to player profile and wall threw the game. I'm getting the error message invalid email/password...however I'm able to login to TheSims3 website with the same exact email/password combo. At first I thought maybe it was down, however when logging on threw TheSims3 website and going to my page I can see people are making post for Simport. So now I'm thinking it's just me.

I read where to delete the file in C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads named with your email address. I've done that and emptied the trash. I also cleared all my browser data between three browsers even though I only consistently use one. I ran antivirus scans, malware scans, disk cleanup, ccleaner, and disc defrag. Restarted computer but yet I still can't login threw the game. I was able to before so I don't know what else to do. 

Any Suggestions?

Hello @Summerbear5,

Maybe there is a temporary technical problem, when trying to "log in", from within the game itself? You could try again at a later point. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016, 02:29

That's what I thought too and it's been over a month and like I said in my post I've seen other people being able to log in and make post on their player profiles and walls. I just can't

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Nov 2016, 02:36

Summerbear5 wrote:That's what I thought too and it's been over a month (...)

Just to be 100% sure, you did register your legit serial numbers of The Sims 3, here?
https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html
This thing was (and still seems to be) a common problem with some players. Too bad the game remains so broken... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

Summerbear5 wrote:(...) and like I said in my post I've seen other people being able to log in and make post on their player profiles and walls. I just can't

Glitches don't have to be "identical" among several players. Just because something works for others, it doesn't necessarily mean it automatically "has" to work for you as well. I know that may sound illogical, but then: since when are glitches 'logical' at all?

//EDIT

Another thing to try:

Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED] Screen12

Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED] Screen11

Invalid Email/Password. [CLOSED] Screen10

You could try "resetting" your Internet Explorer. After that, try logging in again from within the game. Some people have also said, logging into The Sims 3 from a browser and then changing the password can help as well. So you change your password, log in (from the browser) with the new password, and then try logging from within the game.

Good luck again!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016, 05:10

Yes 100% I registered my game and was able to use Simport and Player Profile and Wall for awhile...just this past month or so it hasn't allowed me to log in.

And I've already tried that reset option...still no go =\

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:16

Hello,

I've experienced this problem myself not long after Showtime came out (I have 1 registered title), and I still haven't been able to fix it, unfortunately. You could contact EA about this, but unless you have a legit base game, I wouldn't recommend it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2016, 02:44

My base game is legit and registered

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Nov 2016, 04:18

Summerbear5 wrote:My base game is legit and registered

I did some research, and it appears the problem is much more widespread than I (originally) anticipated. Even people with only legit games have the same problem as you. At that point I'm afraid I can't suggest more, so contacting EA 'support' might indeed a possibility. Although, they have a reputation of not being all too helpful in most cases.

Good luck either way!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 16 Nov 2016, 15:28

Summerbear5 wrote:My base game is legit and registered

In that case, it is safe to contact EA with this issue. 
Even though you probably realise this, I cannot stress enough that you should make no mention of expansions or stuffpacks that you don't own legally, when you communicate your issue!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2016, 23:32

Yes thank you =)

I'll probably just won't use Simport or Player Profile/Wall anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Nov 2016, 11:08

Unfortunately, that is how it is Sad
I'll close this topic, but if you (or anyone) ever find a solution, we'd be happy to learn of it.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)