Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED] Empty "Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 06:01

Following the instructions in the Ultimate Fix and still getting the error after reading them very carefully? Here's some solutions to the problem.

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

"Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED] Empty Re: "Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 09:33

I've read somewhere here (I think it was Lady ElDi) that the "Invalid file found" error is caused by a misplaced .exe/.dll.. If you have all of those in the right folders, you can try a lazy 'half-uninstall' I do when something's not going well with Sims 3..
I copy my entire \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder to the desktop the launch the game so that it creates a new directory free of anything I may have messed up.. I guess in your case you can try launching it so it will make the directory, quit and then run your patch..
Hopefully someone that knows what's going on will log on soon to help you.. Until then, this try is harmless..

Back to top Go down

"Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED] Empty Re: "Invalid file found" error in patch 1.24 even after following Ultimate Fix directions' fix. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 08 Aug 2011, 09:48

Hello,
I believe these are 3 ways to patch your game, but they have nothing to do with the "invalid file" error.
The official Sims forums are obviously not dealing with that kind of error since it doesn't happen with retail versions.
The key is to put all the files in the fix in the right folders, which means reading carefully and following each step to the letter.

Admin edit: Nothing useful added, topic closed.

- ADMIN
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top