Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 install issue.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 install issue. Empty The Sims 2 install issue.

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016, 03:05

Windows 7 64 bit

Hey I am having a problem with running the autorun in the base folder, it keeps saying I need the disc. I looked at other posts here and I've tried everything, I tried moving the folder to another location, I tried renaming the folder, etc.

I ran the autorun from Mansions and Garden and it worked properly but I quit the installation because I want the base game installed first.

I even tried using the official Sims 2 deluxe edition disc and when I click autorun on the actual disc itself, nothing happens. Is this a compatibility issue?

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 2 install issue. Empty Re: The Sims 2 install issue.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 20 Nov 2016, 09:57

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Compatibility issues usually don't pup up until after you've installed, so I doubt that's it.
I'm a little rusty on the Installation Guide for this particular file, but it could be a simple matter of n ot having used winRAR to extract the file you've downloaded.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:46

xirw wrote:Windows 7 64 bit

Hey I am having a problem with running the autorun in the base folder, it keeps saying I need the disc. I looked at other posts here and I've tried everything, I tried moving the folder to another location, I tried renaming the folder, etc.

I ran the autorun from Mansions and Garden and it worked properly but I quit the installation because I want the base game installed first.

I even tried using the official Sims 2 deluxe edition disc and when I click autorun on the actual disc itself, nothing happens. Is this a compatibility issue?

Hello @xirw and welcome to the Forum!

Did you extract ALL the contents of the .RAR download, into just one single folder, and did you use WinRAR for extracting?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:51

xirw wrote:I ran the autorun from Mansions and Garden and it worked properly but I quit the installation because I want the base game installed first.

It's impossible to install and run Mansion & Garden without the basic Game.

Obviously, from the 2 quotes above, the basic game is, or has been, installed and improperly removed.
The program has been deleted but the registry-entries still exist.
I suggest you do a manual clean up of the register.

1. Keep Windowskey down and type R
2. In the window type regedit
3. In the register, open folder HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE
4. Scroll down to SOFTWARE  (64-bits machines scroll down to WoW6432Node, open it and scroll down to SOFTWARE)
5. Look for folder EA GAMES and open it
6. Select every expansion by rightclicking on it and choose Delete or Remove.
7. When completed re-boot your computer.
8. Install again, starting with basegame

Explanation:
When you look in the register at the entry for Mansion & Garden (=Sims2EP9) under Suppression Exe you'll see:
Sims2EP8.exe, Sims2EP7.exe, Sims2SP7.exe Sims2EP6.exe, Sims2SP6.exe, Sims2EP5.exe, Sims2SP5.exe Sims2EP4.exe, .........(all Expansions and stuffpacks in between) .... Sims2.exe
So, trying to start any other pack than Sims2EP9.exe will result in no action at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:07

xirw wrote:I ran the autorun from Mansions and Garden and it worked properly but I quit the installation because I want the base game installed first.

Yes, you need to install that base game anyhow. Have another look at the install guide that is included in the download (we outlined that recommended install order there for a reason Smile ). 

In the case of TS2 though, you could only install the base game + Mansion and Garden Stuff, and skip all the other DLC in-between. That should also do. But the base game must come first - in ALL Sims games.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:In the case of TS2 though, you could only install the base game + Mansion and Garden Stuff, and skip all the other DLC in-between. That should also do. But the base game must come first - in ALL Sims games.

That's correct but in that case you only have Base Game + Mansion & Garden.
You can of course install other DLC's in a later stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:14

Tarac wrote:That's correct but in that case you only have Base Game + Mansion & Garden.

Which is what I intended to convey, seeing that the OP wanted a quick(er) install of The Sims 2.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016, 17:34

You guys are the best thanks for all the replies. It did end up being caused from leftovers I forgot about in the registry. I removed it and finally was able to get the base game installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Nov 2016, 18:26

xirw wrote:You guys are the best thanks for all the replies. It did end up being caused from leftovers I forgot about in the registry. I removed it and finally was able to get the base game installed.

Very nice! Very Happy  Do keep us posted about any follow-up issues!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top