Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 feature transfer error, I/O Device error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 feature transfer error, I/O Device error Empty Sims 3 feature transfer error, I/O Device error

Post by Guest Mon 21 Nov 2016, 20:04

I'm in the process of trying to install the expansion packs from the ultimate fix. I've been doing it in the order it shows up in, following the steps. I tried the "Into the Future" and "Island Paradise." Both of them had a pop-up come up during the installation. The exact pop-up says: 
File: C:\Users\Nicole\Desktop\Sims3\The Sims 3 - Island Paradkse\Caches\IslaParadiso.objectCache
Error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I tried to look up what it means, and what to do, I tried to look it up in the forums with no luck. I have a feeling that every expansion I try to install will do this and can't figure out how to fix it. I successfully installed 6 of the expansions so far with no issues.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 feature transfer error, I/O Device error Empty Re: Sims 3 feature transfer error, I/O Device error

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 21 Nov 2016, 20:26

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
After downloading the files, what exactly did you do? Were they opened with winRAR? And from which location?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)