Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error Empty Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 20:53

I've been following this (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) guide to install my Sims 3 game. I've gotten through it without error (I've installed the base game, and all of the SP and EP that I wanted.) up until I have to download the Manual Patch (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch).

During installation, an error pops up that says ""Feature Transfer Error: File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\Delte9fd.rra
Error: There is not enough space on the disk."

I click "Retry", and then it tells me to insert the correct disk, giving me the option to browse my computer. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error Empty Re: Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:46

Elowen wrote:I've been following this (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) guide to install my Sims 3 game. I've gotten through it without error (I've installed the base game, and all of the SP and EP that I wanted.) up until I have to download the Manual Patch (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch).

During installation, an error pops up that says ""Feature Transfer Error: File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\Delte9fd.rra

I click "Retry", and then it tells me to insert the correct disk, giving me the option to browse my computer. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Thanks
Hello,

Where did you download the base game and the expansions from?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error Empty Re: Manual Patch Feature Transfer Error

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 17:57

Elowen wrote:I've been following this (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) guide to install my Sims 3 game. I've gotten through it without error (I've installed the base game, and all of the SP and EP that I wanted.) up until I have to download the Manual Patch (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch).

Thanks
To add to Cat's question, how much free space do you have on the drive your installing the game to?
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 18:57

I downloaded the base game and all of the expansions from here, so I doubt that there's anything wrong with those.

I'm so glad that you asked that question Dracos. I didn't even think to look. I have nearing NO space (Which i'm surprised about because I really thought I had a lot more than I did) I'm clearing up space now, so I really hope that resolves the issue!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 03 Sep 2013, 19:03

After you free up space be sure to defrag your HDD and then reboot so that Microsucks Winblows sees the new free space correctly. That should fix the problem.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Sep 2013, 05:18

Elowen wrote:I downloaded the base game and all of the expansions from here, so I doubt that there's anything wrong with those.

I'm so glad that you asked that question Dracos. I didn't even think to look. I have nearing NO space (Which i'm surprised about because I really thought I had a lot more than I did) I'm clearing up space now, so I really hope that resolves the issue!
Hello,

Please tell us the results.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top