Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 13:32

Hi! I just downloaded some neighborhoods and extracted it. But then when the launcher started, the neighborhoods won't start installing into the game. I tried closing the launcher and opening it again, then tried installing the neighborhoods but nothing happens. Whenever I check the neighborhoods and click 'install', the launcher won't let me click the other buttons and it would just be like that for the next 5 minutes.

Can someone help me please?

Back to top Go down

silent install - Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 23 Nov 2016, 14:34

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
It's possible that your installation is getting stuck. It does however, take a while for the installer to load. What happens if, instead of putting them in the downloadsfolder and trying the installation from the launcher, you double-click a file?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

silent install - Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Neighborhoods won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 16:02

Behatii07 wrote:Hi! I just downloaded some neighborhoods and extracted it. But then when the launcher started, the neighborhoods won't start installing into the game. I tried closing the launcher and opening it again, then tried installing the neighborhoods but nothing happens. Whenever I check the neighborhoods and click 'install', the launcher won't let me click the other buttons and it would just be like that for the next 5 minutes.

As Ɛɗιη said, the launcher can take awhile to load new items. With neighborhoods this definitely the case. Depending on how large the neighborhood is and how much custom content has to be loaded, it can take a bit for the launcher to load and start installing.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2016, 08:51

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
It's possible that your installation is getting stuck. It does however, take a while for the installer to load. What happens if, instead of putting them in the downloadsfolder and trying the installation from the launcher, you double-click a file?

Dracos66 wrote:
Behatii07 wrote:Hi! I just downloaded some neighborhoods and extracted it. But then when the launcher started, the neighborhoods won't start installing into the game. I tried closing the launcher and opening it again, then tried installing the neighborhoods but nothing happens. Whenever I check the neighborhoods and click 'install', the launcher won't let me click the other buttons and it would just be like that for the next 5 minutes.

As Ɛɗιη said, the launcher can take awhile to load new items. With neighborhoods this definitely the case. Depending on how large the neighborhood is and how much custom content has to be loaded, it can take a bit for the launcher to load and start installing.

I see, I'll try again Smile
Can i just ask though, do i need to download something when installing a new world?
like for example, the 'mods' folder or anything?

Thanks for replying, btw!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 25 Nov 2016, 09:27

Behatii07 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

Dracos66 wrote:

Can i just ask though, do i need to download something when installing a new world?

Depending on the World you may need to download some additional content before it will load correctly. Most world builders let you know if any additional content is needed for the world to load and run properly. Perhaps if you tell us which custom world you are trying to download and install, we may be able to help you resolve the problem,
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2016, 10:42

Dracos66 wrote:
Behatii07 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

Dracos66 wrote:

Depending on the World you may need to download some additional content before it will load correctly. Most world builders let you know if any additional content is needed for the world to load and run properly. Perhaps if you tell us which custom world you are trying to download and install, we may be able to help you resolve the problem,

I'm trying to install MidnightHollowGold, LuckyPalmsDeluxe, SunlightTidesDeluxe, DragonValleyGold and RoaringHeightsGold.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 25 Nov 2016, 10:52

Hello,

Those should install without the need to do something first, assuming they are the decrapified versions of the sims3packs.
If you're unsure, it doesn't hurt to decrapify them, like this.

Have you tried loading them one by one, by double clicking on the file, rather than putting them in the "Downloads" folder and going through the launcher?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2016, 11:40

Those should install without the need to do something first, assuming they are the decrapified versions of the sims3packs.

Have you tried loading them one by one, by double clicking on the file, rather than putting them in the "Downloads" folder and going through the launcher?

Yup and it still won't start installing. Sad 
I checked the link but the link to the file isn't working for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Nov 2016, 19:15

Behatii07 wrote:I checked the link but the link to the file isn't working for me.

You mean the link next to where it says "decrapifying setup", in that thread of Edin?
http://tinyurl.com/h59mcus

What exactly happens if you click on it? That link is working fine for me.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Nov 2016, 23:00

It opens up to a new tab to mediafire but it's ok now, opened it on internet explorer and it worked. Smile

//EDIT

It worked now, i successfully installed sunlit tides and midnight hollow Smile but the other three won't install.
It says I have to make sure I have the latest Software Updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 10:16

Hello,

Yes, so you have to decrapify those Smile
If it doesn't work, you can always get the decrapified ones here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2016, 10:42

Yes, so you have to decrapify those Smile
If it doesn't work, you can always get the decrapified ones here.

I already decrapified all the files, but only the midnight hollows and sunlit tides were installed.
The other three failed to install, it says i have to make sure i have the latest software update

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 14:47

Ok, well, normally that error occurs only if something went wrong when the files were decrapified. I suggest redownloading (at least one of those) from the website I mentioned above, just to see if it will install.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2016, 04:03

Ɛɗιη wrote:Ok, well, normally that error occurs only if something went wrong when the files were decrapified. I suggest redownloading (at least one of those) from the website I mentioned above, just to see if it will install.

It worked, I successfully downloaded the neighborhoods! Smile

Thank you so much for your help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 27 Nov 2016, 10:02

Good to hear, and you're welcome!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top