Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested) Empty Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested)

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2016, 19:00

Today I experienced an interesting issue where some files I've had installed and working perfectly for months now suddenly broke in a way, and said they were not installed and couldn't be installed. I re-downloaded some and couldn't find others. So on a whim I tried to decrapify them myself and they worked again after that.

I'm just curious though if anyone else has had the same issue of some files just deciding not to work anymore?
Is there any reason this might happen so I can avoid this in the future?

Back to top Go down

Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested) Empty Re: Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Nov 2016, 20:10

Azull wrote:Today I experienced an interesting issue where some files I've had installed and working perfectly for months now suddenly broke in a way, and said they were not installed and couldn't be installed. I re-downloaded some and couldn't find others. So on a whim I tried to decrapify them myself and they worked again after that.

I'm just curious though if anyone else has had the same issue of some files just deciding not to work anymore?
Is there any reason this might happen so I can avoid this in the future?

Hello @Azull,

Did you re-apply the manual patch, by any chance? I do know in some cases re-applying the patch can mess with your folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Therefore, you would (theoretically) have to rename the folder "The Sims 3" there, apply the manual patch + Ultimate fix, and then change the folder name back to what it was.

Other than that, I can't recall experiencing problems like that myself. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested) Empty Re: Having to re-decrapify files? (Curiosity question, no assistance requested)

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2016, 20:27

@The_gh0stm4n No, I hadn't tried to re-patch anything. The only thing I had done in recent memory was deleting the script cache file for a couple new mods (nothing major, and nothing that would have overwritten the other storefix files).
I also imagine had it been the fact I added a few new mods it would have broken all of the store files, but it the majority of them still worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 24 Nov 2016, 21:25

Hmmm interesting. I've never had to re-decrapify any files myself, but I do know that it probably doesn't hurt.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top