Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues Empty The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 15:14

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install The Sims 3 Late Night expansion pack but I'm experiencing a problem. I've tried various solutions and have read through the installation guide before posting here. I already have a copy of The Sims 3 on my laptop, it's a store bought version, just for your information. So, I've followed the step by step guide several times and get the 'Disc Authorization Failure' error message every time I load the game up? I'm not sure if I've done something wrong but I'm pretty sure I've done everything right, i.e, copying the cracks into the correct folder and so on and so forth. So, I'm wondering if someone could help me with this?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues Empty Re: The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 15:55

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Hello,

I'm currently trying to install The Sims 3 Late Night expansion pack but I'm experiencing a problem. I've tried various solutions and have read through the installation guide before posting here. I already have a copy of The Sims 3 on my laptop, it's a store bought version, just for your information. So, I've followed the step by step guide several times and get the 'Disc Authorization Failure' error message every time I load the game up? I'm not sure if I've done something wrong but I'm pretty sure I've done everything right, i.e, copying the cracks into the correct folder and so on and so forth. So, I'm wondering if someone could help me with this?

Thanks.

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Please remember that you need at least one of the following expansions for the game to work properly:
Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.
As you can see, Late Night is not on the list. So, for the game to be able to run after applying the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix, please install one of the Expansion/Stuff Packs mentioned above. Anyone will do. Wink

Please, keep us updated on how it goes! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 15:57

Ah, ok. I clearly didn't read things properly, sorry about that.
So I just install one of those expansion packs as per normal and Late Night should work? Just to check before I start downloading stuff.
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 15:59

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Ah, ok. I clearly didn't read things properly, sorry about that.
So I just install one of those expansion packs as per normal and Late Night should work? Just to check before I start downloading stuff.
Thanks.

Don't worry about it. Smile

Yes, you only need to install one of those EPs and then the game (with Late Night) should work properly. Just remember to apply both the Manual Patch and Ultimate Fix again after the installation of the new EP. Although they are sometimes not necessary, it may help with future issues, and it never hurts to do it.

Do let us know if it works! Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 16:01

I didn't have the manual patch downloaded either. D'oh! >.< 
Thanks, I'll download another expansion pack then I'll see how it goes.
Thanks for your help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 16:02

ClownsAndChaos wrote:I didn't have the manual patch downloaded either. D'oh! >.< 
Thanks, I'll download another expansion pack then I'll see how it goes.
Thanks for your help. Smile

No problem! If you encounter any other issues or have any questions, don't doubt to come back. We'll try to help you from here. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:11

Hi, it's me again.
Sorry if I'm being a pest but I don't want to mess this all up again. O_O
So, I've downloaded Island Paradise and I have that installed, as well as the Late Night Expansion pack.

All I need to do now is apply the manual patch and the update file, then technically the expansion pack should work. Am I getting that right?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:13

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Hi, it's me again.
Sorry if I'm being a pest but I don't want to mess this all up again. O_O
So, I've downloaded Island Paradise and I have that installed, as well as the Late Night Expansion pack.

All I need to do now is apply the manual patch and the update file, then technically the expansion pack should work. Am I getting that right?

Thanks in advance.

Don't worry, you are not a pest. Everyone can ask questions. Very Happy

Yes, now you only need to apply both the Manual Patch and the Ultimate Fix (only the files inside the #Crack to the correct folder), and then the game should work fine. Please, do tell us if it does. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:20

Ok, so now I'm getting an error message that says 'no game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Island Paradise game disc before proceeding' 

I definitely copied the crack files into the correct destination, have I done something wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:23

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Ok, so now I'm getting an error message that says 'no game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Island Paradise game disc before proceeding' 

I definitely copied the crack files into the correct destination, have I done something wrong?

Well, as the crack from the Ultimate Fix is to bypass the disc authentication, it usually means that either the Ultimate Fix you applied was outdated or that you didn't apply it to the correct folder. So, please, try downloading the Ultimate Fix again and copy only the files inside the #Crack folder and paste them to the The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder, making sure to select "Copy and Replace" if you get the prompt. Let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:25

Ok, I'll try that...and another quick question, am I supposed to have 2 'bin' folders in my base game? (The Sims 3) because I have one just before I click on the 'game' folder, then another in the actual 'game' folder. O__o slightly confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:27

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Ok, I'll try that...and another quick question, am I supposed to have 2 'bin' folders in my base game? (The Sims 3) because I have one just before I click on the 'game' folder, then another in the actual 'game' folder. O__o slightly confused.

Yes, that is normal. One location is The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and the other one is The Sims 3\Game\Bin\bin. Make sure that you apply it to the first one, don't enter in the other 'bin' folder inside of Bin. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:28

Right, well I've definitely copied the crack files into the correct bin folder, the game is still prompting me to put a disc in for Island Paradise. :S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:32

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Right, well I've definitely copied the crack files into the correct bin folder, the game is still prompting me to put a disc in for Island Paradise. I is confused

I see. Could you please take a screenshot of the Bin folder where you copied the crack files, in Detail mode, and showing all of the files inside of the folder? After that, you can put it in one of the posts by clicking "Host an image" in the Tools bar above, selecting the file from your PC, and this will give you a URL for the image. After that, click "Insert an Image" and paste the URL in there. We'll take a look. Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues Empty Screencapture as requested :)

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:40

Sure, I'll do that.
What do you mean by 'detail' mode?

//EDIT

The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues <a href=The Sims 3 (Late Night) Issues Screen12" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:46

Just want to make sure. Did you apply the Manual Patch, too? Remember that you need to apply the Manual Patch, and then apply the Ultimate Fix after the game is updated to the latest version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:52

The manual patch is where I copy and paste the crack files into the folders as instructed, right? I've definitely applied the update, however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:56

ClownsAndChaos wrote:The manual patch is where I copy and paste the crack files into the folders as instructed, right? I've definitely applied the update, however.

The Manual Patch is the update, the file that you open and updates the game to 1.67. The Ultimate Fix is the crack files applied to the folders. Just a clarification.
Do you have any Mods installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:00

Yeah, my game is updated to 1.67 and yeah, I have a few mods and downloads for The Sims 3, as in clothes and hairstyles, as well as the no intro mod, as well as quite a few package files, like items and stuff like that? Is that the problem? 

Thanks for your patience by the way, appreciate it.

//EDIT

And now when I insert The Sims 3 disc, it's telling me to install it? O__o
What HAVE I done!? LOL! D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:08

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Yeah, my game is updated to 1.67 and yeah, I have a few mods and downloads for The Sims 3, as in clothes and hairstyles, as well as the no intro mod, as well as quite a few package files, like items and stuff like that? Is that the problem? 

Thanks for your patience by the way, appreciate it.

ClownsAndChaos wrote:And now when I insert The Sims 3 disc, it's telling me to install it? O__o
What HAVE I done!? LOL! D:

One recommendation: please don't double post. You can edit the first of these posts to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Sorry, it's against the forum rules. Wink

Well, could you take out the Mods folder from the TS3 folder temporarily? Just put it in the desktop. Then, make sure that neither the game nor the launcher are running in the background. After that, open the launcher again and try running the game. You could also try bypassing the launcher by running the game directly from the TS3W.exe inside the The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder (where you copied the files from the #Crack). See if the error persists.

And, as the Ultimate Fix is to bypass the disc authentication, you don't need to insert the base game disc anymore. Not sure if it can cause problems, or if it's normal that it asks to be installed. I'll look into it right now. As for the moment, please don't insert it and run the game directly from the .exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:10

Oh, well at the time of the first post I hadn't experienced the second problem I was having, sorry about that! :') 

I'll try what you've just told me and I'll see if that works, thank you.

UPDATE

Ok, when I click on The Sims 3 logo, nothing happens. How do I access the game launcher if that doesn't work?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:18

ClownsAndChaos wrote:Oh, well at the time of the first post I hadn't experienced the second problem I was having, sorry about that! :') 

I'll try what you've just told me and I'll see if that works, thank you.

UPDATE

Ok, when I click on The Sims 3 logo, nothing happens. How do I access the game launcher if that doesn't work?

Hello,

Can you actually remove the "NoCD mod" again ? It's not necessary when you use the "Ultimate fix"...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:21

I've never installed the NoCD mod for my game, does it come with one of the downloads for the expansion packs or something? and I'm not sure why, but I can't find the exe file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:25

ClownsAndChaos wrote:I've never installed the NoCD mod for my game, does it come with one of the downloads for the expansion packs or something? and I'm not sure why, but I can't find the exe file?

No, the NoCD mod is one from the Nraas suite. The Ultimate Fix also bypasses the disc authentication, so it's not needed (if you have it). Don't worry about it. Smile

The exe file is the same TS3W.exe you copied to The Sims 3\Game\Bin when you applied the Ultimate Fix. You should find it in there. It's the same location where you took the screenshot, and you can see it even in there. Let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:26

I must have been looking in the wrong place, getting seriously confused here with all of the different files and folders. Sorry!

So, I found the launcher, opened that and it's still asking me to put a disc in for Island Paradise...

Last edited by ClownsAndChaos on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top