Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED] Empty Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2016, 01:26

So I have the Sims3 on my windows 7 professional 64 bit with cc and mods and it runs pretty fine. Currently my  sims are in a one level story house but every time I am up on a second level story lot  my screen goes black then it goes normal again then goes black again and I hear this weird errrr sound that makes me  have to restart my laptop all over again. Please help! I really want a second level story house without my game messing up. I have looked all over the internet and have not found anyone that is going through what I am so please help.

Back to top Go down

Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 10:23

//Topic moved

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I can't say that I have ever heard of this particular problem myself. But let's try a couple of things that may help.

-For starters: visit the webpage of your graphic card manufacturer and make sure you have the latest driver updates.
-Try the game with e "clean folder" to rule out incompatibility of or between mods/cc. To do this, temporarily move the folder "The Sims 3" out of Documents\Electronic Arts.

When you start the game, a new folder will be generated and you will be without your mods/cc (and savegames) of course. Just start any world and any family to see if you can view the 2nd story of the lot.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims3 Two Level Story House. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2016, 14:54

Yes I checked to see if my graphic driver was up to date and it was. Removed my sims3 folder went to a household with a two level story house the moment i got to the second level and moved my mouse my screen went black again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 15:16

Does your graphics card meet all the requirements?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2016, 15:25

At least I think so this is the detail of my graphics driver
Name: Intel(R) Intel Graphics
Chip type:Intel(R) HD  Graphics (Core i3)
DAC Type: Internal
Approx: Total memory: 1696 mb

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 16:10

Those integrated cards sometimes pose some unexpected problems, unfortunately Sad
Try this website, to see what it says about it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2016, 19:51

Okay It took me some time but I found out that my graphic card had been out of date for 72 months which was crazy. So I really really updated the graphics card and once even though my computer said it was updated but anyway I went to a random sims3 household with a two level story house and it worked for about 15 seconds before the screen blacked out on me again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 20:50

When you updated the card, did you do a clean update? That means, completely removing the drivers, and installing them from scratch. That might help, if your card meets the specifications.

How about your in-game graphics settings, anything to tweak there? I'm not necessarily thinking of the settings that can go from low-high, more like, turning off advanced rendering etc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2016, 22:05

Okay! So I unistalled the driver card just like you suggested and reinstalled and it worked! I was beyond relived and shocked. Then I decided to see if it will work with my mods and cc and it did! Thank you so much

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Nov 2016, 22:17

Well, that's very good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you run into problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top