Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets Issue I think :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets Issue I think :/ Empty Pets Issue I think :/

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 17:41

Hi,

Basically my problem is this...

When Pets came out I had the following EP's installed and my game ran perfectly, base game, generations, ambitions, WA, late night. I still have all install files on external HDD. I installed pets but didn't like what it did to my game so proceeded to uninstall it and all other sims 3 games, I reinstalled everything in the following order

1. Base Game Install
2. Generations install (updates base game first to 1.21)
3. WA install
4. Ambitions
5. Late Night

Then I went to the ultimate fix and copied the crack from the crack folder and pasted it into c:/program files(x86)/electronic arts/the sims/base game I chose copy & replace for both items. I then went to modthesims.info and downloaded and installed patch 1.22. Pre pets this is how i installed everytime and everytime I opened the launcher it worked I went and played the game. After I uninstalled pets and reinstalled everything including the crack & patch 1.22 I went to the launcher opened it and went to play the game apart from this time I got a pop up telling me that my base game and expansions were incompatible and I needed to update to 1.26 I don't understand why this is happening considering it worked 4 days ago and I was patched to 1.22 Please help me fix this issue it's driving me nuts.

Back to top Go down

Pets Issue I think :/ Empty Re: Pets Issue I think :/

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Oct 2011, 20:14

Hello,
You can still update to version 1.26 without installing Pets. Download and apply the new fix and you should be good to go.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 20:30

But i don't want to update to 1.26 as my mods or cc wont work. I uninstalled again and reinstalled now it's saying that there was an error during start up and on the launcher where the version number usually is it says, 0.0.0.0

//EDIT

oh and my graphics card is shocking but my game has worked perfectly until pets and that freakin patch, .anyway my graphics card is intel HD graphics and the driver version is 8.15.10.2189

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 21:13

SusieCC wrote:But i don't want to update to 1.26 as my mods or cc wont work. I uninstalled again and reinstalled now it's saying that there was an error during start up and on the launcher where the version number usually is it says, 0.0.0.0

About your cc.. If you decide to install 1.26 use this tool and your cc will work fine. Trust me, I have loads of cc and after I used the tool it worked well.

And about your mods. Check for updates when a new expansion comes out. I did as well and they are too working fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 21:16

Yeah but that's what im saying, I uninstalled again as it was telling me to update to 1.26 so i restarted my machine, then installed base game and tried to open it to see if i would get the error again but now it just says sims3launcher stopped working, when I opened the base game all that was installed was the base game and no cracks, is this supposed to happen if you just install the base game and don't apply any cracks ?

//EDIT

If I get the launcher working again i will update but geez, EA don't make there games user friendly ? What if a person didn't have internet, they would have wasted a good £150 quid buying every game apart from pets to get the message that you need to update..via online.

//EDIT

ok basically forget everything ive said so far, I uninstalled my game, restarted my laptop then reinstalled in this order, 1.base game didnt apply crack, 2.generations (didn't apply crack) 3. WA no crack 4 ambitions 4. late night applied files from fix, went to open launcher to update to 1.26 but when I open the launcher it just closes. I downloaded super patcher all regions from mod the sims but it says that my game is from the wrong region and can't update. Please help i've never had anything like this before

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:26

Hello,
First of all, please edit your post rather than hitting reply if you haven't gotten any replies yet.
You may have to change your SKU version before you can use the patch. Here's how its done:

*Open "Start", type "regedit" in the search box and
then press [ENTER].

*When you're in the Register Editor, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims > The Sims 3 OR IT MAY BE IN:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 (Windows 7, Vista)

*Here you'll see a file called "SKU". Double click on it and change the value - which should be "2" or "7" - to "1" and press "OK". Now close the Register Editor.

You don't have to change it back afterwards.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2011, 19:59

I didn't even think of editing, oh well I'll know in future, I was in the chat box the day this all happened and asked someone if it would have anything to do with the SKU number, but hey ho! I have just done a system recovery incase it was something to do with my laptop, I'm installing the games at the moment, do I change the number after ive installed all EP's or before a certain one ? Thanks Lady Smile <3 xo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Oct 2011, 21:51

SusieCC wrote:I didn't even think of editing, oh well I'll know in future, I was in the chat box the day this all happened and asked someone if it would have anything to do with the SKU number, but hey ho! I have just done a system recovery incase it was something to do with my laptop, I'm installing the games at the moment, do I change the number after ive installed all EP's or before a certain one ? Thanks Lady Smile <3 xo
Hello,

It's all described in the included "# Installation Guide.txt" files, included with all the downloads.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male