Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow, December already?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow, December already? Empty Wow, December already?

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 22:54

Time from 2016 elapsed like the last December was yesterday  Facepalm  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd. But the most thing I love about STARTING of the December is that Work at a pizza place on Roblox gets updated on Christmas, but while getting to the middle, teachers in school are protesting and we have 30 min periods instead of 45
And the 31th of December, well what do you do than host a party with friends with loud music and fireworks?

Back to top Go down

Wow, December already? Empty Re: Wow, December already?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Dec 2016, 23:47

I never make any plans for Newyearseve. It's all a big hoopla to me. I prefer doing what I always do, which is sitting at my desk here, playing some game. My kids will be either in bed, or at their fathers'. 
Not the little ones, they will stay here. I don't really like to party much myself (never have) and my kids will not like it. I'll be glad if the fireworks don't wake and scare the little ones (they are both under 4).

Now Christmas, that's something else Very Happy 
I love spending the day with my family and cooking them some nice food. A christmasmovie maybe, and some snacks. No gifts though, that has only started to become a tradition in this country in recent years, we just had our gift-giving holiday today (St. Nicholas) and the kids were spoiled!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Dec 2016, 00:09

MilosGamerSRB wrote:Wow, December already?

Yes, I put my bottle of milk on the windowsill (outside) only to underestimate the cold later on: the milk froze. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2016, 21:30

I am really sad to get to know that...  Why. But when we celebrate New years here in Serbia, we often hear firecrackers sounding and birds screaming... But how we celebrate the New year... Ugh, that's not quite good.. 
And that's how I celebrate New year. Worst part in history.:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Dec 2016, 22:44

MilosGamerSRB wrote:I am really sad to get to know that...  Why. But when we celebrate New years here in Serbia, we often hear firecrackers sounding and birds screaming... But how we celebrate the New year... Ugh, that's not quite good.. 
And that's how I celebrate New year. Worst part in history.:

I mean, firecrackers are fun and whatnot (mostly for kids), and I myself throw a handful of these small crackers usually. But I'm always baffled about the money people spend on stuff like that. The more elaborate "rocket-like" fireworks are usually expensive. 

I guess part of it has to do with tradition, but still: no need to spend crazy amounts of money.  Haters gonna hate

And in general: be careful with any fireworks!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:52

I have never lit a piece of firework in my life Laughing 
There's no need to spend any money, I'm on the 3rd floor of an apartmentbuilding and the view from my livingroom window is usually quite spectacular. 

I used to always spend newyears' with my parents, but, I have 4 kids between 2 and 8. The youngest 2 go to bed at a normal hour. I don't really care for them to be taken out of bed in the middle of the night to return home, and staying over with 4 kids isn't an option.

Aside from that, my parents have a very different idea of what's fun to watch on TV than I do. (Actually, I don't really like most programs Razz )

For now, it looks like the oldest 2 will spend the day at their fathers', and the youngest 2 stay here. It will be a normal evening for them. Should they wake up when the fireworks start to go off, I'll watch with them, but I prefer they stay asleep.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Dec 2016, 10:51

I never lit firework too, because they are too dangerous. My older friend helps doing it, and we also light some things similar to Firecrackers, that is what we call "the New year fire-outer". In general that are small firecrackers that produce funny sound, but don't explode. But we don't call it "spend of money" it's usual! The less day remaining until New year, more pets and people get their security destroyed. In our school they already warned us not to light fireworks or firecrackers... Or do the bottle flip challenges...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 10 Dec 2016, 12:16

Stuff will be destroyed here... They usually have to lock community trashcans and the like or some idiot will throw fireworks in them. Last year they blew up one of those things around town that are used to collect secondhandclothing for thriftstores, so I guess they will have to lock that as well.

The kids use some type of firecracker, yes. Basically you pull a string and confetti comes out with a "pop". That's enough excitement for them Razz 
When my ex and I were together, he always took them outside (the older 2) while I stayed indoors with the younger ones, but last year we stayed inside. There's plenty to see from behind the window anyway, and the youngest girl is very sensitive to loud noises.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 00:43

People in the sub-division I live in don't really care if someone is trying to sleep or not, they go ballistic with the fireworks on both Independence Day and New Years here. The only good thing for me is that my son loves the noise and also can sleep through it if need be. Unfortunately for me, the loud explosions fray the nerves after a bit, especially when I feel too weak to stay awake long enough and I am a light sleeper. 

While I guess it can be fun to set some things off, some people always have to take it to the extreme and go too far and that is the point I draw issue with it. I mean I like to have fun like the next person but everything in moderation and should consider others that have to work or get up early that are awoken by such things.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Dec 2016, 10:50

Indeed... There are ordinances in this area that disallow any fireworks after 2am, but of course some people aren't going to abide by those. 
In recent years, it's not been too bad with the noise. It seems like people are focusing on the colorful fireworks rather than the noisy ones these days.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 21:47

I wish the overenthusiastic individuals here would take more interest in the colorful rather than noisy variety. We did have two police officers and their families move in to our area and this past 4th of July was not as crazy with the noise, so with any hope, that will deter some of the New Year's insanity. We actually also established a set neighborhood watch that seems to be keen on keeping the ordinances with noises in check as well so that is something to hope for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top