Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED] Empty Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 09:14

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is considered a 'in-game' problem but I think it is. Anyways, I have re-downloaded the Sims 3 after a while of not playing it. Everything works fine, but when I go to install CC through the launcher this always comes up:

silent install - Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED] Lanche10

It is by far the most annoying thing ever. Before, the installer was always slow but Windows never said anything about it so I'm just confused. Annoyed and confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

silent install - Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Dec 2016, 10:42

Hello,

Yes, we do consider this an in-game problem Smile
Are you installing many sims3packs at once? That could cause the launcher to stop working. There appears to have been a maximum, but since I stopped using sims3packs for this (favoring packages) I don't remember what that maximum was. If you haven't already tried this, try installing only a handful to see how that goes.

If that doesn't work, try these possible solutions. They are technically for in-game crashes, but some do apply to the launcher as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

silent install - Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install any downloads through Sims 3 Launcher. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Dec 2016, 23:38

Just to give you a heads-up, we will be (very soon) releasing the complete TS3 store, that will be much easier to install than the flurry of individual .sims3pack files.

Until then, stay tuned for more to come. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 13:17

Hey guys,

Thanks for answering me. Very Happy  Ultimately the problem as I figured out was this. I downloaded the full sims 3 store made by the Sims Architect I believe. The problem was actually something to do within the download itself. As everyone knows when you go to have mods/cc of any sort in Sims 3 you need the FrameworkSetup.exe. It was included in the download but when I extracted it into the rightful place I didn't get the overrides folder that comes with it usually. I don't know if it's a incomplete folder or what but I just ended up downloading the FrameworkSetup off the internet. Problem solved. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Dec 2016, 13:35

Hello,

Sim told me that there is a problem with his store items. He made a mistake and hasn't had time yet to fix it.
Glad to hear it's fixed now though, don't hesitate to post if you have problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)