Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 University Life - I can't clone Sims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life - I can't clone Sims Empty Sims 3 University Life - I can't clone Sims

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 00:39

Okay, I have never posted on a Forum before but this issue is frustrating for me, I'll try to make it short.

So my Sim is at University right now and she wishes to clone a Sim. It shouldn't be a problem because her Science skill is at Level 9 but for some reason the DNA samples of any Sim that I can get doesn't show up when I click "Clone from Sample" on the Research machine and when I click on the sample in my inventory the option to clone from sample is greyed out, it says that this interaction is unavailable.

I have pretty much every Expansion except Katy Perry and quite many Mods but I can't see how any of those would cause this issue, not to mention that when I tried playing without mods it didn't work either.

I hope I wasn't too awkward and that you can help me. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life - I can't clone Sims Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life - I can't clone Sims

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Dec 2016, 15:22

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Are you currently in the University neighbourhood with your Sim? Because that's probably why that interaction isn't available.
Cloning a sim results in a baby with that exact DNA is added to your household, and University neighbourhoods don't usually allow the addition of babies (outside of the use of mods), so I bet it will work once your sim is back home.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)