Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding packs to purchased Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding packs to purchased Sims 4. Empty Adding packs to purchased Sims 4.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:26

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but here goes:
I bought the Sims 4 not too long ago and I was wondering if there was a way to add/download all of the expansion and stuff packs to my origin game. Do I just follow the Ultimate Fix directions? And I noticed that the torrent for City Living includes Dine Out, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and of course City Living. How would I go about adding Get to Work, Spa Stuff, and Get Together as well?

Thanks so much in advance!

Back to top Go down

Adding packs to purchased Sims 4. Empty Re: Adding packs to purchased Sims 4.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:48

ashb910 wrote:Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but here goes:
I bought the Sims 4 not too long ago and I was wondering if there was a way to add/download all of the expansion and stuff packs to my origin game. Do I just follow the Ultimate Fix directions? And I noticed that the torrent for City Living includes Dine Out, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and of course City Living. How would I go about adding Get to Work, Spa Stuff, and Get Together as well?

Hello @ashb910,

There is no way to add bonus game content to Origin games, other than legally purchasing the stuff. If you mean to ask whether you can basically install cracked games "on top" of a purchased legal base game, then yes, you can do that. Look here and start with step #3 please:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:14

Great! Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 00:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
ashb910 wrote:Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this but here goes:

Hello @ashb910,

There is no way to add bonus game content to Origin games, other than legally purchasing the stuff. If you mean to ask whether you can basically install cracked games "on top" of a purchased legal base game, then yes, you can do that. Look here and start with step #3 please:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Good luck!
Hi @The_gh0stm4n , I have another question. I've been trying to install the Get to Work pack into my game but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I just supposed to copy the folders in the .rar file and copy them in the Sims 4 folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Dec 2016, 01:29

ashb910 wrote:Hi @The_gh0stm4n , I have another question. I've been trying to install the Get to Work pack into my game but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I just supposed to copy the folders in the .rar file and copy them in the Sims 4 folder?

Exactly. Smile  You just look at the entire contents of the .rar. You then extract everything from the .rar, directly into your install folder of The Sims 4. And when prompted, merge folders and replace any existing files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 06:13

Okay, so I did that and it's still not working. Not really sure why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Dec 2016, 03:57

ashb910 wrote:Okay, so I did that and it's still not working. Not really sure why.

Hello again and sorry for the late reply,

What exactly is not working? Is the game even starting up in the first place, are you getting any error messages?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 07:23

I've been putting the .rar files into This PC/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and nothing changes when I go into the game (which is opening fine through Origin with no problems). I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Am I putting the files in the wrong place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 11:16

ashb910 wrote:I've been putting the .rar files into This PC/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and nothing changes when I go into the game (which is opening fine through Origin with no problems). I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Am I putting the files in the wrong place?
Your bought base-game is most probably installed in: C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
Now you have 3 possibilities:

1. You leave your bought game where it is so you can still access the Gallery (recommended solution)
2. You download and install the G4TW basic game + dlc's in a different folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4) and make a new shortcut of TS4 or TS4_x64 from the folder Game - Bin

OR

3. (not recommended) You install the G4TW dlc's on top of your origin game. This means that:
    a. You move (not copy) the entire folder The Sims 4 from Origin Games to Program Files(x86). This means that your installation-folder will now be C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
    b. Now move the extracted folders from your G4TW downloads over to the under a. mentioned installation folder.
    c. Don't update your games anymore via Origin.

In all cases do not move/copy folders from your G4TW downloads to This PC\Documents\Electronic  Arts\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 15:26

Oh, I knew I was putting it in the wrong place, thank you! I think I'll go with the first option so I can still access the gallery. I'll try it now and tell you how it goes. Thank you so much for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:33

ashb910 wrote:Oh, I knew I was putting it in the wrong place, thank you! I think I'll go with the first option so I can still access the gallery. I'll try it now and tell you how it goes. Thank you so much for your help!

That'll probably be it, although - I have to admit - I'm a bit surprised that a lot of users these days seem to be having some difficulties with these folder locations. The instructions are clear, at least in my opinion. But many people either cannot find the folder under Documents (if they e.g. want to add mods), or they put installation files for the DLC under Documents (when they would belong under Program files actually).

Glad to hear that at the end, your problem seems to have been not as big as it may have seemed at the beginning. Was there anything else you needed help with, for now? Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 22:30

Thanks so much for your help you guys! It worked! But of course, I have another issue now. I've been trying to add mods to my game, but whenever I add them to the The Sims 4 folder in my Documents and try to launch my game I get an error that basically says to make sure origin is closed and to run as an administrator if I'm launching the game for the first time. I've tried to read some posts on the site but they haven't really helped. I think it may be because my folders are different because my Sims 4 game was bought. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:25

ashb910 wrote:Thanks so much for your help you guys! It worked! But of course, I have another issue now. I've been trying to add mods to my game, but whenever I add them to the The Sims 4 folder in my Documents and try to launch my game I get an error that basically says to make sure origin is closed and to run as an administrator if I'm launching the game for the first time. I've tried to read some posts on the site but they haven't really helped. I think it may be because my folders are different because my Sims 4 game was bought. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the late reply,

Does the error only happen when you add mods/CC? To learn about the install procedure of CC, see the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jan 2017, 18:28

It's fine, and Happy New Year! 
But yes, I've followed those directions and it's still not working. I download a package file into the mods folder under This PC/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods. Then, when I go to start the game it gives me that error message. I thought it was the CC/mods I was downloading that was the problem at first, but I've tried so many I don't think that's the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Jan 2017, 16:38

ashb910 wrote:It's fine, and Happy New Year! 
But yes, I've followed those directions and it's still not working. I download a package file into the mods folder under This PC/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods. Then, when I go to start the game it gives me that error message. I thought it was the CC/mods I was downloading that was the problem at first, but I've tried so many I don't think that's the case.

I believe some other users mentioned that this can also be caused by incompatible mods/CC. Can you try using other mods for now? Smile  P.S. and a happy new year to you as well. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 17:05

Hi @The_gh0stm4n! I came here with a problem and I realized I never forgot to update you guys! Obviously, the mods worked, it just took a couple of tries. Thank for all the help! But of course I have another problem now. So I updated my purchased Sims 4 game in Origin because I wanted to see what the toddlers looked like (they're so cute!), then I went to the gallery and downloaded some lots so I could use them in my GFTW version. I went to start my GFTW version and lo and behold it's unable to start. How can I fix this? Thanks!
P.S. Sorry if you've answered this before, I'll scour the forum for an answer while I wait for your response. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Mar 2017, 07:10

ashb910 wrote:Hi @The_gh0stm4n! I came here with a problem and I realized I never forgot to update you guys! Obviously, the mods worked, it just took a couple of tries. Thank for all the help! But of course I have another problem now. So I updated my purchased Sims 4 game in Origin because I wanted to see what the toddlers looked like (they're so cute!), then I went to the gallery and downloaded some lots so I could use them in my GFTW version. I went to start my GFTW version and lo and behold it's unable to start. How can I fix this? Thanks!
P.S. Sorry if you've answered this before, I'll scour the forum for an answer while I wait for your response. Smile

Sorry for the belated reply,

That's because both the legit game and the cracked use the same location for their houses/sims/savefiles/etc. , under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. One way to bypass the conflict is to rename these folders everytime you start up a game, but it can be tricky to do. The problem is described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Alternative solutions without having to rename folders, are mentioned toward the end of the post, but in the end: if you absolutely insist on having both a legit & cracked TS4 on the same computer, you will need to make certain adjustments or concessions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Mar 2017, 22:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
ashb910 wrote:Hi @The_gh0stm4n! I came here with a problem and I realized I never forgot to update you guys! Obviously, the mods worked, it just took a couple of tries. Thank for all the help! But of course I have another problem now. So I updated my purchased Sims 4 game in Origin because I wanted to see what the toddlers looked like (they're so cute!), then I went to the gallery and downloaded some lots so I could use them in my GFTW version. I went to start my GFTW version and lo and behold it's unable to start. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Sorry for the belated reply,

That's because both the legit game and the cracked use the same location for their houses/sims/savefiles/etc. , under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. One way to bypass the conflict is to rename these folders everytime you start up a game, but it can be tricky to do. The problem is described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Alternative solutions without having to rename folders, are mentioned toward the end of the post, but in the end: if you absolutely insist on having both a legit & cracked TS4 on the same computer, you will need to make certain adjustments or concessions.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to try it out and tell you how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top