Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Mar 2017, 05:05

I'm new here. Hello!    

i'm sorry to post here, but i have trawled the forums and all i can find are mixed answers on the subject, or no subject that actually fit this case at all, this is where i hoped you wonderful people could help out!

i have a legitimate copy of the sims 4 with all the pirated DLC's and packs. my question is, if i purchased the newest pack (vampires) and installed it to my base-game, would the data files be picked up by the pirated version? as my save games and mods were.

i remember with sims three having purchased the base game, pirating the DLC's and then purchasing the most up to date DLC i could use all of the DLC together (pirate and paid) with online functionality. regardless of the online functionality, would this also be true for sims 4?

i have read the announcements and other various help posts but i could never find anything that covers this specific scenario.

would the legitimate sims 4 launcher recognize the pirated expansions if i owned a legitimate copy of the latest dlc?
would the pirated sims 4 launcher recognize the pirated expansions as well as legitimate ones? (as it saved my games and mods to both launchers)

thank you for your help!

All Hail Carlos!

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 17:13; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : terrible spelling mistakes.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Mar 2017, 17:32

hiddenNinja wrote:I have read the announcements and other various help posts but i could never find anything that covers this specific scenario.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @hiddenNinja,

Shortest answer is, unfortunately that won't work. You cannot add purchased DLC "on top" of a cracked game, because the cracked game is on a lower patch version (at present, that is 1.25). But the toddlers and vampire DLC updates need at least 1.26, or 1.27, and for these patch versions there is no crack yet.

Likewise, the Origin-launcher won't recognize cracked DLC.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 purchased, pirated expansions with purchased newest expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:36

magic, thank you for the quick reply!

now how do i mark this as solved.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:42

hiddenNinja wrote:magic, thank you for the quick reply!

You can't
Only a team member can do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Mar 2017, 17:13

hiddenNinja wrote:magic, thank you for the quick reply!

No worries, you can leave that to us. Feel free to get back in touch with us again if you need more help or advice on matters that we can assist with - just open a new topic then. Have fun!

Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top