Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 3 Empty The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 02:48

First topic message reminder :

Mod edit: please keep in mind that this thread is meant for general discussion in the first place. If you need any help with technical or download-related problems, please open a new topic in The Sims 4 Downloads Support. In case of more in-game related problems, feel free to open a new topic in The Sims 4 in-game Support. Thank you!

- The_gh0stm4n

sayiraester wrote:How do I get the gallery to work if origin cannot run in the background? Also when I click on the gallery image it just says "my library"

You have to have a legal base game of The Sims 4 on Origin, and use that one to access the gallery and download stuff. You can then transfer the items (saved into the "Tray"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), to your pirated game. See for example the discussion here to learn more about the issue:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 04:55; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:04

@theghostman i'd quote it but then it would be huge and since you obviously are a moderator you'll see this.
so by me adding humor to a post it's an excuse? tragic.
I'm well aware they can't all be online at the same time I added the gag/joke just to say "oh well I found it so if any of yall are struggling here's what helped me"
Tbh I didn't read the rules I'll be straight up and say that, so I'm sorry that I reposted the question twice, I just assumed that they didn't have a solution and since some people usually just skip to the last page on the forum or so i thought i would re-ask so those who skipped to the last page might see and be able to help.
my English is poor sorry for that but nonetheless it's my fault for joking around and not reading the forum rules i apologize.
BUT DAMN GINA YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BE SO HARSH

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:06

lamsimmer wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:can someone help me i have no clue as to why my lots wont load Sad
as an independant lady i was able to fix my own issues, since this forum is obviously male based and hate women. Any females struggling please delete the folder in your documents for ts4 and move the saves, mods, tray and option.ini folders/files to a safe place. and start the game then put back the folders after the game is started again 
Wow, I'm a woman too and I have helped and been a helped a few times on here.

1. Maybe no one knew the answer to the question.
2. There is a post a page or 2 back that says "please make new threads about problems you are having"
3. This thread is pretty busy.
4, Your font is terrible to read (another reason it may have been missed)
5. It won't kill you to work things out for yourself like you have already done.
6. Stop being a feminazi. It's annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:10

May I suggest that this thread is closed. The download is available now and postings about problems with the game should be placed elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:15

lamsimmer wrote:so by me adding humor to a post it's an excuse? tragic.

Just remember that things may be meant "not so serious" by a poster, but they may be picked up differently by readers. I did suspect you did not mean it negatively (since the previous posts you made were pretty normal). But you never know, until you know, you know? Very Happy

I suggest we leave it at that. No need for any more arguing. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:27

Is there any way to get the crack only? I downloaded the torrent and installed the game, but I was stupid and forgot to copy and paste the cracked files and deleted the torrent. I really don't want to download 18 gb again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 20:53

Lulku wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:can someone help me i have no clue as to why my lots wont load Sad
as an independant lady i was able to fix my own issues, since this forum is obviously male based and hate women. Any females struggling please delete the folder in your documents for ts4 and move the saves, mods, tray and option.ini folders/files to a safe place. and start the game then put back the folders after the game is started again 

2. There is a post a page or 2 back that says "please make new threads about problems you are having"
5. It won't kill you to work things out for yourself like you have already done.

what don't you get from me replying earlier saying it a was a joke?
1. Even if no one knew the answer I was a bit surprised that no one may have had the same issue? but then I found out it wasn't the fix that was an issue but a problem with my previous saved files.
2.  Again my fault, I may have dismissed it or scrolled past it. My fault.
3. I don't blame the thread for being busy, nor do i recall blaming them. (I hope you realize the whole male based that hate women forum thing was a joke by now.)
4. Damn are we seriously gonna nitpick over a font? 
5. Have you ever thought maybe I already tried working things out regardless of me posting? before I posted I had assumed it was an issue with my mod's folder and went through it trying to find a corrupt file before posting on the thread. Then I assumed it had to do something with the fix, because I never encountered an issue with my save file so it was a first to me.
6. First I'm not a Feminazi, it was a joke I thought the "since this forum is obviously male based and hate women" gave it away? I find feminazi's funny and enjoy watching channels like h3h3productions mock and joke around about it. Damn. 
Either way the mod already addresed it with me. 
anyways heres a annoying font  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 21:00

Now my game starts, but for some reason I can't save my Sim. When I click "save" the game just freeze and I can't do anything but closing the game. I think it may be a Mods issue. But I didn't download anything new for the CAS since may of last year. Oh, dear god, I hate so much this updates...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 23 Dec 2016, 21:03

lamsimmer wrote:
Lulku wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:

1. Even if no one knew the answer I was a bit surprised that no one may have had the same issue? but then I found out it wasn't the fix that was an issue but a problem with my previous saved files.
3. I don't blame the thread for being busy, nor do i recall blaming them. (I hope you realize the whole male based that hate women forum thing was a joke by now.)
5. Have you ever thought maybe I already tried working things out regardless of me posting? before I posted I had assumed it was an issue with my mod's folder and went through it trying to find a corrupt file before posting on the thread. Then I assumed it had to do something with the fix, because I never encountered an issue with my save file so it was a first to me.
6. First I'm not a Feminazi, it was a joke I thought the "since this forum is obviously male based and hate women" gave it away? I find feminazi's funny and enjoy watching channels like h3h3productions mock and joke around about it. Damn. 
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:so by me adding humor to a post it's an excuse? tragic.

Just remember that things may be meant "not so serious" by a poster, but they may be picked up differently by readers. I did suspect you did not mean it negatively (since the previous posts you made were pretty normal). But you never know, until you know, you know? Very Happy

I suggest we leave it at that. No need for any more arguing. Wink

What he said.

Don't make me come out and play ...
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 22:49

being that i'm a paid player of city living who's been playing about a month now, i feel its only right to warn you... adding this expanion to your game causes excessive weight gain to your unplayed sims. lol. 

since adding this to my game obesity is becoming an epidemic. just a heads up.

them food booths are fattening

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:11

Misfit203 wrote:being that i'm a paid player of city living who's been playing about a month now, i feel its only right to warn you... adding this expanion to your game causes excessive weight gain to your unplayed sims. lol. 

lol... That's hilarious.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:16

I didnt find it funny, so therefor i guess aside from being a hater... and apparently a racist as described elsewhere on the internet lately. i have no sense of humor either. its amazing how much you can learn about yourself reading things online.

Spoiler:

maybe not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:19

Ɛɗιη wrote:
Misfit203 wrote:being that i'm a paid player of city living who's been playing about a month now, i feel its only right to warn you... adding this expanion to your game causes excessive weight gain to your unplayed sims. lol. 

lol... That's hilarious.
yeah... funny i saw a post similar to mine once and i replied i'm glad to say i havent had that problem. turned out i spoke to soon. its now happening and widely spread. no pun intended. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:23

nackers78 wrote:Now that City living is out I've been wondering why I get this origin error it says

Unable to start:

Origin is not currently running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4

(Error Code).

I don't know why I am getting this error before my game worked perfectly and I even tried running in administrator also my Sims 4 is on my anti virus exception list so I don't know why I keep getting this error I already have the expansions and ultimate fix please help.

Why God. I'm new here. Help
Hi Smile 
I have the exact same problem, even though everything was working well before this update! I think it comes from the Mods repertory: everytime I finally succeed to launch the game, it launches without the DLC, I just have the base game. But when the base game launches and that I disable the Mods in the game options, it works just fine, so that might come from there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:32

Thank you so much for making City Living and Vintage Glamour Stuff available, I really wanted the butler lol. Great XMas gift for us! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:09

EDIT - I got rid of my error, kind of
So kind of solved that problem that I had with pop up error that said something along lines ''cannot be opened bc some of the content is newer, please update your sims blablabla'' but now I have another problem, when I open sims, it's just the base game. Nothing else. What can I do?

Last edited by sohviizz on Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 02:21

Thank you to everyone who is seeding right now. (doing my first torrent, speed is pretty decent)

I might see if I can help on seeding later when mine gets done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 07:06

omg yaas. i was totally not expecting that. best xmas gift ever.
not
but really tho, thanks to everyone who worked in this crack Tea 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 08:38

lamsimmer wrote:
Lulku wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:

I didn't believe it was a joke, posting sarcasm online rarely works because you can't see the speakers expressions or hear the tone of the voice.

You reposted twice in 15 minutes, that's hardly enough time for someone to reply, sometimes I have waited days. 

I will agree with you on the last thing though, feminazis are a joke.

I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 10:15

jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Dec 2016, 11:33

At that point, reason would say: "lock the topic". But on the other hand, experience tells me: "don't do it". I side with experience, since down the line I can foresee that locking this thread most likely would cause more problems than good.

Let's be nice to one another again, OK? Wink

cyberraga wrote:jesus

You forgot to add Mary and Joseph. So it should go like this: "Holy Jesus, Mary and Joseph !111111111".  Haters gonna hate  Razz
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:05

Will the gallery requests be opened again? I think that everything works fine now. I downloaded some lots from thesimsresource and everything is working.
I would really like to get a certain japanese restaurant from the gallery.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:19

Cat_Eye wrote:Will the gallery requests be opened again? I think that everything works fine now. I downloaded some lots from thesimsresource and everything is working.
I would really like to get a certain japanese restaurant from the gallery.

Hello @Cat_Eye and thanks for the question,

There is a chance we will re-open the Gallery-section at some point again, but it will depend on a number of organizational-related things. For starters, the reason it's not opened yet is because I'm nominally the only (active) Staff member with access to a legit TS4 base game, and I - at least currently - neither have the time nor inclination to take on this type of 'additional duty' on my own. 

The plan was/is to wait for @kitty10136, since she is currently absent, and then slightly re-organize a few things in the section. 

Time will tell how we'll proceed. You will notice when we re-open the section. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:36

So if I don't have legit game some where i can't use the gallery?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:37

Yepper wrote:So if I don't have legit game some where i can't use the gallery?

That is correct @Yepper. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 13:41

Yepper wrote:So if I don't have legit game some where i can't use the gallery?
I have found a lot of stuff that has been re-uploaded to other sites anyway Very Happy

And I also find independent creators on sites such as TSR have much better content. If you don't like the 10 second countdown to download there is an add-on for chrome, opera and I think Firefox it's TSR ad skipper, it also allows you to use adblock on their site, totally worth it if you are like me and love CC and mods Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 16:11

Seeding now guys! Thank you, best Christmas present Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2016, 23:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello @Cat_Eye and thanks for the question,

There is a chance we will re-open the Gallery-section at some point again, but it will depend on a number of organizational-related things. For starters, the reason it's not opened yet is because I'm nominally the only (active) Staff member with access to a legit TS4 base game, and I - at least currently - neither have the time nor inclination to take on this type of 'additional duty' on my own. 

The plan was/is to wait for @kitty10136, since she is currently absent, and then slightly re-organize a few things in the section. 

Time will tell how we'll proceed. You will notice when we re-open the section. Smile
I hope it'll be opened again (although I don't know how do I get the ID WhatDidUJustCallMe? )
I'm currently doing a Super Sim Challenge (just started over and doing a bit different than TheSimSupply is doing) and my Sim named Roderick Renfred has opened 15 Holiday Crackers and made himself some Chocolate Chip cookies (since he doesn't have enough skill to bake some fruitcake) and he had one with a glass of milk. After opening those Crackers, he got 4 Medusos (one of them is a duplicate), 3 Common Upgrade Parts and some candy he ate Smile This way he celebrates Christmas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top