Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I did something horribly wrong... ...help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I think I did something horribly wrong...   ...help? Empty I think I did something horribly wrong... ...help?

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 04:59

I'm a noob when it comes to this and like every page mentions that in big red letters I have to read the steps carefully etc. I did that. Fortunately installing the Sims 4, Get To Work and Get Together no problems occured. I've enjoyed over more than 100 hours of play time.

Now I've installed City Living following the steps very closely again, but there wasn't much to do. I've copied and replaced the files in the correct folder. I didn't realize that I still had the game booted up in the menu. I wasn't able to close it properly so I shut down my computer. 

Now I was starting up the game and everything is gone. The game says it has to ''update'', won't allow mods etc. Anybody have an idea where I could have made a mistake?

//EDIT

Some additional information (I'm Dutch so I'm roughly translating this) the first pop-up says ''The game can't be loaded, Error code 3''

Back to top Go down

I think I did something horribly wrong...   ...help? Empty Re: I think I did something horribly wrong... ...help?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Dec 2016, 03:54

Welcome to the Forum @NeoBowser and sorry to hear about that,

Can you go under Documents\Electronic Arts\ and change the folder name of "The Sims 4" into something else? Then start up and see what happens in the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top