Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living.... Empty The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living....

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 03:03

So I downloaded the sims 4 city living and when i started the game up I go through the normal loading screens and everything is fine, until I click on a household I want to play, so I load the household and when it comes on I can see my sims but i cant control them and I cant see the panel at the bottom with the sim pictures please help I've been waiting so long to play City Living and this is really disappointing, I have already restarted the game like 5 times and reinstalled everything so if anyone could help me it would be really helpful.

Mod edit: moved to "The Sims 4 in-game Support".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living.... Empty Re: The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living....

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 05:28

You need to reactive the usage of mods again, as that got disabled with the installing of city living. By default the usage of mods is turned off. With the installation of city living it got resetted to the default settings. I have several mods installed myself and got a "nice" message after installing city living that the mods were disabled now.
After starting the sims 4 go to options (upper right corner, those 3 dots), then go to misc. Search for the line "allow modified material and modifications". It's the 4th line from above. Check the box. If you use scripts, then look if the box of "alllow scriptmodifications" is checked and if not then do so. Save. Now exit the game completely. And then restart. You will now get a fancy list of all the mods you use (you can disable this message). If you see that one, then your mods are activated again and you can play with your mods.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living.... Empty Re: The Sims 4 wont work with my mods after I installed City Living....

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 07:28

Thanks so much for your reply but I already did that the mods aren't the issue its when I put the mods on, after I get in to the game choose a household and my screen loads the lot and when it finally loads its like this blue fog and I have to zoom all the way in to see my house and when I zoom in I cant control my sims and the panel at the bottom with the pictures of my sims isn't there so basically my game is unplayable.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 Jan 2017, 06:41

Dezmo1213 wrote:Thanks so much for your reply but I already did that the mods aren't the issue its when I put the mods on, 

Hello @Dezmo1213,

Does this glitch happen with or without mods being actually installed under your "Mods"-folder? Have you considered not using (these particular) mods at all...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2017, 23:49

I have this problem too!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:03

tevinivan wrote:I have this problem too!

Please open a new topic, thank you Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top