Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 language changed now it freezes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 language changed now it freezes Empty Sims 4 language changed now it freezes

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 21:52

when i try to set sims 4 in dutch it freezes at the plumbob icon its for my nice and she does not speak a word english 

PS she has the original base game and the games4theworld addons/expansionpacks

and yes i have read the instructions they were of no use for this

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 language changed now it freezes Empty Re: Sims 4 language changed now it freezes

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Jan 2017, 17:06

marthy_assassin wrote:when i try to set sims 4 in dutch it freezes at the plumbob icon its for my nice and she does not speak a word english 

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

The instructions deal with the way of installing the game. Any other follow-up issues, like crashes, can have a wide variety of reasons. See this here for example:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

Also make sure to use the TS4.exe file for now only. And right-click on it and select "run as Administrator". Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 language changed now it freezes Empty Re: Sims 4 language changed now it freezes

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2017, 23:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
marthy_assassin wrote:when i try to set sims 4 in dutch it freezes at the plumbob icon its for my nice and she does not speak a word english 

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

The instructions deal with the way of installing the game. Any other follow-up issues, like crashes, can have a wide variety of reasons. See this here for example:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

Also make sure to use the TS4.exe file for now only. And right-click on it and select "run as Administrator". Good luck!

That does not make any sense because all of that would not work
it is so that when in english the game works fine and starts up to mainmenu

and when i did try it in dutch it just freezes the game loading screen before the mainmenu(Known as the plumbob icon(loadingscreen))

Well i did read the whole tread i did not find any solution for this problem tryed them still but it was of no use :s

i think it has something to do with the language file that is in the original base game 
can that be it ?

PS: We did the running always in 32bit mode and run as admin
and tryed it in 64bit too

Kindly regards

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jan 2017, 16:47

Sorry to hear that,

Unfortunately I don't have much time, but if you see me on the Forum chatbox, feel free to login there; I'll then try and help you with TeamViewer. It shouldn't be too difficult to solve (I hope).

Other than that; I also need to compile another collection of .ini files for the different languages, because I haven't gotten the time to do this yet...

I suspect you deleted something that you were not allowed/supposed to do, which is why the game freezes.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top