Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 unable to start (with the Ultimate Fix)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 unable to start (with the Ultimate Fix) Empty Sims 4 unable to start (with the Ultimate Fix)

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 01:06

I recently installed Sims 4 (just the vanilla game, because I didn't wanted to try the exxpansions yet). I stumbled upon the "Need Origin to get the game started" problem, so I applied the Ultimate Fix for Sims 4.
After the Ultimate fix was extracted in the right folder, I tryied to open the game (as an administrator). It opened a window,went full screen (a black screen, showing the "loading cursor" of Sims 4). After 1-2 seconds, the game collaped, with no error message shown. This will happen every time I try to open the game.
Is it from the Ultimate fix? A file is missing?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 unable to start (with the Ultimate Fix) Empty Re: Sims 4 unable to start (with the Ultimate Fix)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:19

100Foxes wrote:I recently installed Sims 4 (just the vanilla game, because I didn't wanted to try the exxpansions yet). I stumbled upon the "Need Origin to get the game started" problem, so I applied the Ultimate Fix for Sims 4.
After the Ultimate fix was extracted in the right folder, I tryied to open the game (as an administrator). It opened a window,went full screen (a black screen, showing the "loading cursor" of Sims 4). After 1-2 seconds, the game collaped, with no error message shown. This will happen every time I try to open the game.
Is it from the Ultimate fix? A file is missing?

Welcome to the Forum @100Foxes and sorry for the late reply,

Since the downloads of The Sims 4 are meant to be used/installed "consecutively", you cannot skip the other Games4theworld expansions (Get to WOrk, Get together). Please refer to the guide here to learn about the latest install order of items, and the install procedure in general:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top