Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED] Empty Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:05

Hello G4TW admin,

I believe i'm facing the same issue that many are facing:

Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED] Captur11

Here's what i've done and it still doesn't work:

1) Uninstalled Origin
2) Uninstalled my only antivirus prog Advanced System Care
3) Include the whole folder of sims 4 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) in my windows defender exception list
4) Applied your Ultimate Fix (reinstall the vcredist_x64 and x86 file, merge and replace the 4 folders from the fix rar)
5) Tried out the possible fix from (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18073-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-start-up-possible-fix-1), though my in game language has been en_US all along.

Please advise what else can i do to resolve this.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 16:43

I had this problem it was my firewall giving the game problems.  I let the application connect and that fixed it.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Unable to start : Initialization error at start up. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 16:47

Kenemin wrote:I had this problem it was my firewall giving the game problems.  I let the application connect and that fixed it.

Really? I will give that a try then.... but did you disable the firewall then try? or did something else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 16:48

I didnt disable it I just let the application connect.  Disabling would work tho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 16:58

Kenemin wrote:I didnt disable it I just let the application connect.  Disabling would work tho
Hmmm.... well I don't mess with that too much. I'll wait until more people with the same error, with more tech know-how tries this. Thank tho. Smile

I was patient for this long.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 17:01

Yeah it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what was wrong but allowing the application to connect to the internet launched the game no problem.  I am looking for a fix myself because I dont want the application connecting to the internet.  Just added it to the exception list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 21:09

Well met, I'm new to these forum and I want to say thank you very much to G4TW for your wonderful ts4 release and to allow us to enjoy ts4.

Regarding the "Sims 4 Unable to start : intialization error at startup", I found that the cause is the firewall and I agree that allowing application to connect to the internet isn't a viable option.

Well, it seems that I've found a possible fix to this problem without allowing connection to the internet by allowing loopback connection for TS4.exe (allow connection from IP address 0.0.0.0 to IP address 127.0.0.1) and block all other connections in your firewall.

I'm guessing that TS4.exe need to communicate to either crack or origin by using internet protocol, so by allowing this single connection you can start ts4 without problem.

Hope this might help everyone with the same problem.

PS: Btw English isn't my native language so I really apologise for your inconvenience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 08:32

Hello m1k4,

Can you give more specific set of instruction as to how do i achieve that?
I'm don't know how to allow connection from IP addresses.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 22:23

Thanks for the work around M1k4 Very Happy  Set my IPv4 Address Range 127.000.000.001 End IP 255.000.000.000 for the Source.  And Destination IPv4 Address 000.000.000.000  To set up the loopback connection for TS4.exe in my Comodo firewall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:15

The same happened to me at the start. I installed it, everything went fine. When I start the game, this error used to pop up. But things turned out to be very good when I did this:
1. Sign in to your Origin Account 
2. Start playing Sims 4.

Apparently whe origin and sims 4 are installed in different drives, this happens. For this error not to appear, you should either hove no origin at all in your pc, or you need to be signed in to your origin. And, you can use the gallery if you are connected to net as well, nothing happens. EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE! THANKS...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:22

zaxotes wrote:The same happened to me at the start. I installed it, everything went fine. When I start the game, this error used to pop up. But things turned out to be very good when I did this:
2. Start playing Sims 4.

Apparently whe origin and sims 4 are installed in different drives, this happens. For this error not to appear, you should either hove no origin at all in your pc, or you need to be signed in to your origin. And, you can use the gallery if you are connected to net as well, nothing happens. EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE! THANKS...

Thanks for the feedback! This can help us in the future. 

But you should be able to start the game with Origin closed, or logged off. Have you tried that to see if it works?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 17:06

m1k4 wrote:Well met, I'm new to these forum and I want to say thank you very much to G4TW for your wonderful ts4 release and to allow us to enjoy ts4.

Regarding the "Sims 4 Unable to start : intialization error at startup", I found that the cause is the firewall and I agree that allowing application to connect to the internet isn't a viable option.

Well, it seems that I've found a possible fix to this problem without allowing connection to the internet by allowing loopback connection for TS4.exe (allow connection from IP address 0.0.0.0 to IP address 127.0.0.1) and block all other connections in your firewall.

I'm guessing that TS4.exe need to communicate to either crack or origin by using internet protocol, so by allowing this single connection you can start ts4 without problem.

Hope this might help everyone with the same problem.

PS: Btw English isn't my native language so I really apologise for your inconvenience.

Now that I come to think of it, wouldn't it have the same effect, or even be better, if you didn't block ANYTHING in your firewall ? So instead of playing around with the "localhost" @ 127.0.0.1, and other firewall settings, just let all connections through ? What could happen if you let the TS4.exe 'communicate' ? Since apparently, you can even go online with that game, and use the gallery. See this thread here.

zaxotes wrote:The same happened to me at the start. I installed it, everything went fine. When I start the game, this error used to pop up. But things turned out to be very good when I did this:
2. Start playing Sims 4.

Yes, a little bit related to what I just said to the poster "m1k4". I guess lots of these problems we are seeing are due to people NOT installing the game in the default location, C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts. For whatever reason, be it space shortages, or wanting a "custom location". People should really only choose THIS particular location, and nothing else.

The 3DM release, as far as I recall, didn't really have those issues, but then, this may als be due to the different crack used in G4TW's version...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 10:25

Rosellee wrote:Hello m1k4,

Can you give more specific set of instruction as to how do i achieve that?
I'm don't know how to allow connection from IP addresses.

Thanks

Hi Roselle,
it depends on what firewall do you use really, each firewall have different methods to achieve this but the point is to allow only/limit loopback connection for TS4.exe.
The most simple method for offline play is to allow all connections for TS4.exe in your firewall when you're not connected to the internet (you still get this type of error if you block all connections for TS4.exe even when you're not plug in your internet cable).
Of course if you're not concerned about your TS4 going online, just allow all connections for TS4.exe in your firewall when you're connected to the internet (but please don't disable your firewall), you can even access the online gallery while it last as Carlos mention at above post.

Carlos wrote:Now that I come to think of it, wouldn't it have the same effect, or even be better, if you didn't block ANYTHING in your firewall ? So instead of playing around with the "localhost" @ 127.0.0.1, and other firewall settings, just let all connections through ? What could happen if you let the TS4.exe 'communicate' ? Since apparently, you can even go online with that game, and use the gallery. See this thread here.

Hi Carlos,
Yes, you're right, it's more simple to just let the TS4.exe connect to the internet all the way through in your firewall, but some people don't want their TS4.exe to connect to the internet for various reasons,
that's why by limiting only loopback connection for TS4.exe you can still play TS4 (circumventing the "Sims 4 Unable to start : intialization error at startup") even when your computer (not TS4) connected to the internet.
I also notice that some people use RLD crack mainly because they don't want to install origin for some reasons (hence if that's not the case they will use the earlier release of 3DM version instead) but of course it's not the case for people who install origin on top of RLD version of TS4 to be able to access online gallery, so for this second group of people, mostly they don't bother at all about their TS4 connected to the internet therefore the more simple method is the best workaround.

Carlos wrote:Yes, a little bit related to what I just said to the poster "m1k4". I guess lots of these problems we are seeing are due to people NOT installing the game in the default location, C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts. For whatever reason, be it space shortages, or wanting a "custom location". People should really only choose THIS particular location, and nothing else.

The 3DM release, as far as I recall, didn't really have those issues, but then, this may als be due to the different crack used in G4TW's version...

I just want to mention this, using G4TW version of the TS4, I've got "Sims 4 Unable to start : intialization error at startup" even when I install TS4 in default installation folder (C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts), I even tried to install it in different locations / drives several times but it keep reverting to "C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts" no matter what I did.
I personally believe that the main problem for this type of error is when you block all connections for TS4.exe in your firewall even you're connected to the internet or not. As I mentioned before, I'm guessing this happen because either RLD use the loopback connection for their crack (origin simulator) or EA use it for connecting to origin, therefore either by limiting only loopback connection for TS4.exe or to allow all connections for TS4.exe in your firewall when you're not connected to the internet (for those who doesn't want their TS4.exe communicating through the internet) or just let the TS4.exe connect to the internet all the way through in your firewall (for those who doesn't bother if their TS4 communicating through the internet), both are the possible workarounds.

PS: Please forgive my English since it's not my native language.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:12

Hello again m1k4,

OK, thanks for the clarifications and explanations ! I guess though that different people will have to do different stuff in order to get around this error. Some people seem to be able to play the game without doing anything "special", others need to run Origin, and others need to install different anti-virus software.

We still have to look into that...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 10:27

I have this problem but in my mac OS X.
Anyone can help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:24

rawan wrote:I have this problem but in my mac OS X.
Anyone can help?
Hi there,

Please open a new topic in the Mac section instead, so we can help you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 14:09

Hi, I have the same problem. How can I do with Windows Firewall to limit TS4.exe? I don't understand very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Jul 2015, 19:26

Floriana wrote:Hi, I have the same problem. How can I do with Windows Firewall to limit TS4.exe? I don't understand very well.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please see this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

If you still have issues after doing that, please open a NEW topic (click on "New thread", at the top of a subforum here). As the topic here is old, and the OP hasn't posted final feedback yet, I will close the thread. @Rosellee, feel free to send me a private message, if you want this thread to be re-opened, at some point or another. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top