Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted Empty Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 20:40

I have recently installed the Sims 4, along with the three expansion packs; Get to work, Get together and City living. I installed all of these correctly and follow all instructions properly. Once I had installed all of the game, I attempted to run the sims 4. I received this message:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\EP03\ClientFullBuild1.package

[bdbb60ea:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

Due to this, I decided to find the named file and remove it. I then attempted to run the game again, and miraculously, it worked. The game started and I was able to play it as normal. I created and family, I built a house, I moved the family in and began to play. Unfortunately, this is where the new problem began. Whilst playing with the family, I was able to play for approximately 5 minutes before the game completely froze. The only way to exit the game was to restart my laptop (I tried opening task manager and closing the game, it did not work). I tried this multiple times and the same kept happening; 5 minutes of game play before the game froze and I had to restart again. 

This makes the game pretty much unplayable as I spend most of my game play saving the game in apprehension of the freezing. 
I have tried restoring the file I deleted but the same error message comes up. Is there a solution to this problem?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted Empty Re: Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 21:31

Hi maisiepeps,

This is normally down to your antivirus running at the same time during the installation of the sims. Try turning your antivirus off and reinstall the game.

To be safe exclude your antivirus from scanning the location where The Sims 4 is installed.

Hope this helps.  Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted Empty Re: Sims 4 Issue - File appears to be corrupted

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 23:00

Aaronthesimmer wrote:Hi maisiepeps,

This is normally down to your antivirus running at the same time during the installation of the sims. Try turning your antivirus off and reinstall the game.

To be safe exclude your antivirus from scanning the location where The Sims 4 is installed.

Hope this helps.  Smile

I have just reinstalled the game with my antivirus turned off, and I have the folders added to my exception list, however, I am still getting the error message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top