Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start: below file appears to be corrupted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start: below file appears to be corrupted Empty Unable to Start: below file appears to be corrupted

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2020, 04:15

Hi everyone! Okay so idk what happened rly but today when I thought about playing this window pop up showed up with the following message “Unable to Start: Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\EP03\ClientFullBuild1.package
[bdbb60ea:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b]”

Which I found pretty odd: first things first I’ve had my game updated all this time, been always cautious about updating new packs and since December I hadn’t updated nothing besides University Pack. And everything was going okay even if my mods (all updated too) - so I’m running x64 btw I have followed all the steps correctly. So it’s weird that out of nowhere this message pops up because I hadn’t done anything bad the past two months. Also, EP03 is City Living right? I don’t get it, why is it showing up a problem now all of a sudden with this certain pack? I really have no idea.

What can I do now? Re download city living from the torrent and then copy paste to EP03 only that certain content?

Sykes 😭 Need help ASAP!
Love.

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: below file appears to be corrupted Empty Re: Unable to Start: below file appears to be corrupted

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Feb 2020, 04:43

greenalaskas wrote:Hi everyone! Okay so idk what happened rly but today when I thought about playing this window pop up showed up with the following message “Unable to Start: Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\EP03\ClientFullBuild1.package
[bdbb60ea]”

Which I found pretty odd: first things first I’ve had my game updated all this time, been always cautious about updating new packs and since December I hadn’t updated nothing besides University Pack. And everything was going okay even if my mods (all updated too) - so I’m running x64 btw I have followed all the steps correctly. So it’s weird that out of nowhere this message pops up because I hadn’t done anything bad the past two months. Also, EP03 is City Living right? I don’t get it, why is it showing up a problem now all of a sudden with this certain pack? I really have no idea.

What can I do now? Re download city living from the torrent and then copy paste to EP03 only that certain content?

Sykes 😭 Need help ASAP!
Love.

Hello @greenalaskas and sorry for the belated response,

I am slightly ill, which is my "excuse". Yes, you can download the City Living release from G4TW and re-extract the EP03-folder. But there are easier ways to. Look here for example:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

You can also grab the "EP03 - City Living" Direct Download from there, which is only 2.33 GB in download size, smaller than the actual (and older) City Living release. Or an even easier solution, fire up Sim Architect's All-In-One torrent, and when you load up the magnet, then select the EP03-folder, and mark the ClientFullBuild1.package file in it.

That should do for now. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top