Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle) Empty Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle)

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:56

(EDIT:I fixed the really bad title)
(EDIT 2:I should clarify why I put Get Together-City living in the title. It's because both have the same effect, so I thought I'd just put both in the title. You're welcome.)
I've done everything fixes tell me to do, from disabling antivirus to moving the folder on the desktop. Here is my log of actions

I install Sims 4 and run it, attempting to see if it was cracked, not really paying attention to the installation guide from the installer. It works.
I then install Get to Work and run Sims 4 again. It works.
(Here's where I get mad because it's not working)
I try to install Get Together. "Origin is not running"
I sit there, thinking why is this happening?
I look on the forums. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THIS.
I start getting mad.
I begin to replace the Bin folder. "Failed to initialize(origin is not running error all over again, just different label.)
I get really mad and accidentally punch a hole into my wall, nearly breaking my fist. Then I decide to also replace the Data folder. It works! Until you get to the Maxis logo, then it crashes.

Any help? I will send my game folder out if required.

Last edited by Missingno50 on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle) Empty Re: Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:13

Missingno50 wrote:(EDIT:I fixed the really bad title)
(EDIT 2:I should clarify why I put Get Together-City living in the title. It's because both have the same effect, so I thought I'd just put both in the title. You're welcome.)
I've done everything fixes tell me to do, from disabling antivirus to moving the folder on the desktop. Here is my log of actions

I install Sims 4 and run it, attempting to see if it was cracked, not really paying attention to the installation guide from the installer. It works.
I then install Get to Work and run Sims 4 again. It works.
(Here's where I get mad because it's not working)
I try to install Get Together. "Origin is not running"
I sit there, thinking why is this happening?
I look on the forums. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THIS.
I start getting mad.
I begin to replace the Bin folder. "Failed to initialize(origin is not running error all over again, just different label.)
I get really mad and accidentally punch a hole into my wall, nearly breaking my fist. Then I decide to also replace the Data folder. It works! Until you get to the Maxis logo, then it crashes.

Any help? I will send my game folder out if required.

//EDIT

RIP my post, someone else's post is getting more attention by admin.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

If you installed everything according to the guide here, then there is no need to replace "individual folders". What exactly did you even replace the Data & Bin-folders with? 

As for game crashings, that can have many reasons. Some of them are outlined here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-18-07-2016

Also, you need to excuse us that we are not a professional customer-service Forum (why so many people believe that is beyond me, but OK), therefore we can't get back to posts right after they show up here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle) Empty Re: Sims 4 Get Together-City living "Origin has failed to run"(Get to Work works by a miracle)

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:20

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for your welcome (I just suffered a bunch of salt from Skype, so sorry if I seem slightly salty )
I've replaced the Data and Bin folders with the ones found in the actually installation and the Get To Work expansion. The Get to Work and Actual Installation ones work the same exact way so, that's a thing. As for the guide, I've followed everything through, still riddled with issues on it though.
I've already done all of those, infact, I'm currently running on a copy of Windows 7 that does not even have any safety features. I essentially have ROOT ACCESS, and this is happening the same exact way. No malware(fresh install multiple times across multiple wiped hard drives), so I have no idea what's causing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:28

Missingno50 wrote:Thanks for your reply, and thanks for your welcome (I just suffered a bunch of salt from Skype, so sorry if I seem slightly salty )
I've replaced the Data and Bin folders with the ones found in the actually installation and the Get To Work expansion. The Get to Work and Actual Installation ones work the same exact way so, that's a thing. As for the guide, I've followed everything through, still riddled with issues on it though.
I've already done all of those, infact, I'm currently running on a copy of Windows 7 that does not even have any safety features. I essentially have ROOT ACCESS, and this is happening the same exact way. No malware(fresh install multiple times across multiple wiped hard drives), so I have no idea what's causing this.

If the initial statement was intended as an apology, then OK. I hope we are good now indeed. Wink

Let's see now...you're actually supposed to copy the folders & files in their entirety. That means, you copy/paste the ENTIRE Get to Work-stuff, over your base game folder. Continue with the ENTIRE stuff from Get together. And finally "City Living".

Sometimes third-party programs like Lavasoft's Web Companion can cause issues, so I tend to suggest to people that they consider removing that.

You said you are able to get to the Maxis screen before the crash. Any specific error message(s)?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:29

Missingno50 wrote:

Also: I was merely checking for (and found some) administrative issues, since I don't play TS4, and thus have little knowledge about it. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:31

Ɛɗιη wrote:
Missingno50 wrote:

Also: I was merely checking for (and found some) administrative issues, since I don't play TS4, and thus have little knowledge about it. 
Explains a bit.
Thanks, I'll remove that shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2017, 20:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Missingno50 wrote:Thanks for your reply, and thanks for your welcome (I just suffered a bunch of salt from Skype, so sorry if I seem slightly salty )

If the initial statement was intended as an apology, then OK. I hope we are good now indeed. Wink

Let's see now...you're actually supposed to copy the folders & files in their entirety. That means, you copy/paste the ENTIRE Get to Work-stuff, over your base game folder. Continue with the ENTIRE stuff from Get together. And finally "City Living".

Sometimes third-party programs like Lavasoft's Web Companion can cause issues, so I tend to suggest to people that they consider removing that.

You said you are able to get to the Maxis screen before the crash. Any specific error message(s)?
Part apology, part thanks for responding. We are good.
Yes I did. I only did the replacement jumbo after it started to fail on Get Together.
No sorts of programs there.
No error message, well besides a strange one I didn't know existed for windows. It was the usual "Program has ended unexpectedly" sort of BS, but the prompt was "Debug" or "Close out of program without saving" instead of "Search for a fix on the internet" and the second option listed. Curious, I clicked Debug. Turns out, Visual C studio can actually DEBUG Sims 4... except the fact that Sims 4 really was not liking that program when it opened and blue screened my computer. Only explanation for that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top