Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED] Empty 'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2011, 09:13

I installed Pets last weekend. The base game and expansions were allready installed on the computer and were working fine. Pets was also doing great, but a few minutes into game, when I select the Map View option, my game freezes and launches me back to desktop, with a messagebox saying: The sims 3 has stopped working.

I removed all of my CC, but still I get the message at a certain moment in the game. Not neccesarily in Map View, it sometimes also freezes during no special action in the game. This is realy!! bugging me.

I tried to find answers to fix the problem on the internet and more people have this. Switching to DEP-mode doesnt fix the problem for other people, so I didn't bother trying this on my own computer.

The system requirements should be up to date, most of the requirements are more than double the amount that is needed.

//EDIT

Okay... switched the whole thing to DEP mode just to make sure if it is or isn't working for me, but as soon as I click on Map View the game instantly crashes and launches me back to the desktop with the messagebos again: sims 3 is not working.

&^%@#$%!!!

Back to top Go down

'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Oct 2011, 12:39

Hello,
Look at this page with possible solutions for crashing/freezing. If the DEP doesn't work, there might be another solution for you there that does.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 20:35

I ran the game in DEP mode and adjusted the videocard to "Force off" for the 3D thingy. It worked for two days, I was able to play the game without having the game crashing or freeze up. I have to add to that, that I didn't use the map and saved every five to ten minutes in case the game would crash again. Not exactly "happy gaming".

And just now the game crashed again, same messagebox saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working". Nice.

Just in case, the videocard is going to be changed for a new one somewhere next week, hopefully this will fix the problem but I doubt it. This card should be working fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:59

Hello,
You never know, hopefully it will make a difference. Please let us know if it does or doesn't so we can see if there are other solutions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:43

I get the "Sims 3 has stopped working" message before the game launches. I've just downloaded Generations and Townlife Stuff, and had Generations working perfectly before installing Townlife. I get a message saying "Service initialisation failed" before the "Sims 3 has stopped working" message..

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Oct 2011, 13:11

Hello,
Please try the suggestions given to the topic starter first.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2011, 20:40

Update: the videocard is switched for a new one. Although the old card should be good enough compared to the system requirements, the problem I had with the game seems to be solved with the new card.

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun playing! 'Sims 3 has stopped working' message. [SOLVED] 3479271199

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top