Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED] Empty Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 17:24

I recently installed all of the Sims 3 Store Items from the Games4theworld Mediafire link. Every single download worked except for one. In the November 2010 updates, I could download the item labeled as KingdomFashionSet. It would appear in the Sims launcher as Morrocan Mystique... (The rest is cut off). When I try to install it, it says that the install failed, and I need to make sure my game has the latest software updates. I am not running a hacked version of the Sims (I bought the base game and all expansion packs), and my game is fully updated, so I believe the problem is with the actual file.

I know I could just download a torrent of the November 2010 store updates, but then it will show up in my game as custom content, and I prefer when the store items are labeled in my game as store items (with the little shopping bag icon).

I'm hoping someone has a working .sims3pack file of the one broken file, or that it can be fixed somehow.

Also, in case the file was corrupted in the downloading process, I did re-download it quite a few times to make sure that wasn't the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And as long as I'm here since I don't want to make a separate post, a ton of thanks to the people who did gather and post those files. You're amazing. Very Happy

Last edited by WhipSmart on Sat 19 Nov 2011, 14:11; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 18 Nov 2011, 20:22

Hello WhipSmart,

First of all, welcome to the ® Games4theworld Downloads Forum!
Are you sure your game is fully up-to-date?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims Store Item Install Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 03:30

Yes, I am. I have the latest patch that was released after Pets, and just to be sure, I refreshed the game updates page in the launcher.

And just to make sure my computer simply wasn't having issues yesterday, I just retried installing the KingdomFashionSet/Moroccan Mystique .sims3pack file, and it still wouldn't install.

Like I said, every single other file on your mediafire site worked. So I really think that one just got corrupted somehow on mediafire.

//EDIT

Okay, it was definitely something about the file on mediafire, because
when I downloaded the torrent you have on the main site (only for the
one file, but I had to download all of it because it's in .rar form),
that particular file worked and installed properly. I'm all good now,
no more issues.

Thank you for the reply. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 19 Nov 2011, 21:07

WhipSmart wrote:Yes, I am. I have the latest patch that was released after Pets, and just to be sure, I refreshed the game updates page in the launcher.

And just to make sure my computer simply wasn't having issues yesterday, I just retried installing the KingdomFashionSet/Moroccan Mystique .sims3pack file, and it still wouldn't install.

Like I said, every single other file on your mediafire site worked. So I really think that one just got corrupted somehow on mediafire.

//EDIT

Okay, it was definitely something about the file on mediafire, because
when I downloaded the torrent you have on the main site (only for the
one file, but I had to download all of it because it's in .rar form),
that particular file worked and installed properly. I'm all good now,
no more issues.

Thank you for the reply. Smile
Hello,

Ok then, I thank you for testing and reporting the issue! I'll check and replace the file either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again and have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top