Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help updating Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help updating Sims 3 Empty Help updating Sims 3

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:51

Good day, I have been trying to look for something that could fix my problem. I'm a noob at patches, cracks and what not. Anyway, my problem is I have Sims 3 on my Windows 7 pc, which i installed from a CD (pirate) version is 1.8.something. I am having an issue with this version, it won't let me move houses. So I try to update to the latest version, but it says that I have no version of Sims 3 installed. My question is, can I directly apply the Ultimate Fix (from another thread) to the Sims 3 I currently have installed? If so how? Sorry for the trouble and thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Help updating Sims 3 Empty Re: Help updating Sims 3

Post by Admin Thu 08 Dec 2011, 21:52

Hello,

You say you bought the base game on a (pirated) disc. 98% of these discs have been modified. This means, your PC won't recognize the game when installed. It might be installed, but your PC won't "see" it.

The only way to fix this is by uninstalling the version you have now and installing a non-modified version. (See: www.games4theworld.org )
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2011, 09:45

Omigoodness I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that, because it'll mean a week's downloading for me lol. We don't have the fastest connection in the world. But I'm sure that'll fix it, and if I can play my game, then it'll be worth it.

By the way I love this statement of yours:
"Remember that ® Games4theworld stands for: álways 100% free downloads, 100% tested, 100% working, 100% virus free and álways 100% willing to help you out with your problems!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:35

geekierchick wrote:Omigoodness I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that, because it'll mean a week's downloading for me lol. We don't have the fastest connection in the world. But I'm sure that'll fix it, and if I can play my game, then it'll be worth it.

By the way I love this statement of yours:
"Remember that ® Games4theworld stands for: álways 100% free downloads, 100% tested, 100% working, 100% virus free and álways 100% willing to help you out with your problems!"
Hello,

Though, the Ultimate Fix also states that if you update to the latest version, you must install at least one of these expansions, to make it all work: Generations, Pets, Town Life Stuff.
All correct instructions can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I'm glad you like it! I'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know if you have any more issues.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:24

Right, I did see that it was a requirement.

Thank you very much! If I have problems, I'll post it next week LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top