Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 21:49

Yes! when I'm updating my game, when it is going to install the update it say that have found a wrong archive and can't be install I is confused i know it is the crack, but how can I update my game?
ty for attention!! santa

Back to top Go down

Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 14 Dec 2011, 22:26

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with 1.29 Update Sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 23:53

I am having the same problem. I can't update to the new patch 1.29 says a file is missing. I already have 1.26.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 00:06

keep having the problem!! i did the fix but it didn't install!! Sad
admin, can u please look and update ur game? may be i did something wrong!
thank u

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 01:07

Same here, mine is trying to update from 1.26.089 to 1.29.55 and it gave me an error that read: Upate Erorr: Invalid File Found

:/ any ideas how to fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 04:44

yes i have the same problem, after updating my game will no longer laumch says please insert game disk to play.

i updated by uninstalling sims 3 base and sims pets (restoring the exes) and next time i'll keep copies of the normal ts3.exe and ts3w.exe and the tslhost.dll, so i can restore those without a redo of the install and yes i took a shortcut by only doing pets and base but seemed to work.

now let the pros do thier thing and get us running with v 1.29.55.blahblah

also for my first post i'd like to thank all those who kepted me playing sims all this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 05:21

I just updated to 1.29the update went well, but now it wont get through the intro

without shuting down the game, it has done this 4 times

the 5th time it got all the through.........

think my game does not like 1.29......................

Admin i know you will come up with a fix....... cause your awsome with this stuff.....

thanx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 05:39

i repeat the fix with all steps and it said the same Sad
waiting for u admin!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 06:29

@ least i know i'm not the only one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 13:04

the update went well after replacing the cracked files with the original ts3w from the ultimate fix, but now when the game goes to load I get the unofficial game modification message, so i removed my mods folder completely ??!! and i still get the same message. WhatDidUJustCallMe? i'm off to try renaming the sims 3 folder so it generates a new one and see if i can load the game, other than that i have no idea what to do next

*edit: I generated a new folder and got the same message -- i am thinking of removing the crack and getting the no-cd mod so i dunno what else to do WhatDidUJustCallMe?

*edit: I tried the no cd mod, that didn't work either, looks like the only way i'll be playing is if I do a complete reinstall ?

*edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled, now the launcher tells me that my base game is incompatible with my latest expansion pack -- this happened to me after pets as well, I ended up having to do a complete restore to factory settings to get my game working; please admin let us know what's happening. It's driving me nuts. Even if its just a "hey, we know about the issues and are working on it" at least then we would know whats happening. Sorry if I am being a little bit impatient it's just I really need my game to be working as I am populating a berry sweet world and we're planning on releasing it soon, if I can't get my game to work then I won't be able to continue my project Sad Pleeeeeeease admin, give us a fix Very Happy:D

*edit: Yes it's a crack issue I think, I saw a post in another topic that a new crack must be in the works .. i don't know if this is reliable information but I thought I'd update anyone who is monitoring this thread. I am currently reinstalling windows onto my brand new £1500 alienware gaming laptop -- note to self: must remember to check G4TW forum instead of mods forums before updating patches in the future. >.< Doh'

*edit: I restored my computer to factory condition and I still get the message base game is incompatible with current expansion - my base game is patched to 1.26 forcing me to update to 1.29 which wont let me play because of the unofficial game modification thing. Admin please help us Sad We haven't got any idea's of how to fix this, we don't even know if we need a new crack or anything.. I want to cry lol

Last edited by SusieCC on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 17:42; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : updating information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 19:05

oh thank god i was about to update, you lot saved me Very Happy.

@SusieCC, have you tired to play it without the launcher and with your internet off?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 19:32

OMG u did a lot of thinks that i was going to do Very Happy
Sad i waitting for a solution!! Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Dec 2011, 21:17

Hello,

Everyone calm down, seems like a new update for the game. I need to update the Ultimate Fix. Please be patient.
In order to be notified about when the new Fix is ready, please join this group: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/g8-the-sims-3-fans
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 22:16

thank u admin!! ur the best Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Dec 2011, 22:17

juanjose84 wrote:thank u admin!! ur the best Very Happy
Hello,

You're welcome. Please let me know the result after using the updated version of the Fix.
For now, please be patient. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 23:41

good news!!! Hammertime i just install the update without the launcher!! i downloaded the update apart, and installed out of the game, and doing the fix and it run! Very Happy
u can donwload from here directly

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.29.55.0140xx_update.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 23:54

Well after the update 1.29

i got to play the game 3 different times without it shuting down

the 4 time it shut down after about 15 min. into the game.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 00:08

yes, i can't neither play! it is actualized but it don't load to the neighbourhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 01:39

K'ay so hold on a minute -- is there an updated fix or are we still waiting ? Admin kinda confused me with "let me know the result of the updated fix, until then please be patient." has the fix been released or is admin meaning to tell them how it goes when it's released. My head hurts.

*edit: Okay .. I think I have a way to get you guys who patched and now can't play. here's step by step instructions of what I done...

1. exit all folders/launcher that use any of the sims 3 files.
2. Copy your entire electronic arts folder and paste it somewhere safe, and can be accessed!
3. uninstall all games & stuff packs (i know but it'll get you playing till admin get it fixed so chill lol)
4. Copy over the pets/town life/generations crack to the root EA folder (i'm hoping you know what that means)
5. Disconnect your internet, either unplug your ethernet cable or disconnect from wireless router.'
6. Open the launcher and go to updates and uncheck automatic (you can change this later if you want, but i wouldn't advise it)
7. Copy the following folders from your original electronic arts folder that we copied earlier ... to your new EA folder in my documents

Collections (only applicable for patch 1.26)
Current Game
Custom Music
Downloads
Exports (if you have it)
Library
Mods (if you have it)
Saved outfits
saved sims
saves
screenshots

8. Open the launcher and click select all and then install all your S3P's
9. Once the above step is completed click to play.

If at step 6 you get the message about the base game and expansions are not compatible you've done something wrong or it just isn't working for you. I am sorry if you go through all this and it doesn't work, i am just writing this here as it worked for me. I hope this post gets your game back working on patch 1.26 just until admin get the fix updated.

SusieCC xoxoxo

Last edited by SusieCC on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 01:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 01:45

@ Everyone,

EVERYONE is having problems with the new update, with paid copies and cracked ones, the most common compliant at the moment is the game randomly crashing after 15 to 20 minutes or the launcher complaining the base game isn't compatible, so we aren't the only ones Sad

If you go on the sims 3 forums the top and recent topics are about the sims crashing after the latest update.

Bloody EA

Edit,
In the update EA have made it so store items are advertised in the game, in the buy mode section, if your game is crashing in buy mode then that's the reason, to turn it off you have to turn shop mode off in the options.

Bloody idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 02:07

BlackDiamond76 wrote:@

Edit,
In the update EA have made it so store items are advertised in the game, in the buy mode section, if your game is crashing in buy mode then that's the reason, to turn it off you have to turn shop mode off in the options.

Bloody idiots.

mine has not crashed in the buy mode..........

The store items in my game now are total BS....!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 02:35

You are correct and there is no fix as of yet. Admin was stating that when the new fix is released that he would like to know if there are still problems.

On a side note I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and kept it at 1.26 and the game seems to be working just fine at the moment. I will edit if that changes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 04:02

sloski wrote:

mine has not crashed in the buy mode..........

The store items in my game now are total BS....!!!

Whats wrong with them? by BS im thinking something bad?

Something is wrong with the update itself, not the fact that the Fix doesn't work anymore, it's broken alot of people games and made most of users games unplayable, I haven't updated mine so i have no idea what it's done or doing.

By the look of the Sims 3 forums and other sims 3 related forums almost everyone's sims game now has something wrong with it, ever since pets came out the games been nothing but trouble, im VERY tempted to go back to the sims 2 or 1 right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 04:22

no problem!! soon it will be a crack compatible with the 1.29 Very Happy
and i read that ea was going to released other update "soon"
this update fix the ugly pets? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 04:29

Another update? that worries me even more...
link please? Very Happy

Which one? the deformed pets or the No Fur/Fluff issue?

I know some of the cards with the No Fur issue have been fixed, I haven't seen anyone post about their deformed pets issue being fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top