Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:12

(First post) I'm having trouble updating my Sims 3 game. I followed all of the Ultimate Fix instructions and am given the option to update my software in the game launcher, but when I accept, the launcher closes and nothing happens. No error notification is given when it does this. Sometimes, if I try to open the launcher right after doing this, it will tell me the game is updating when it really isn't doing anything.

I understand that this might mean I have to download it manually, but I'm having issues with that as well. I downloaded the manual patch that was linked in this thread, but I don't know what to do with it. Attempting to open the file does nothing and placing it in the TS3 folder (game/bin/) also has no effect. Is there a certain way to apply patches that I'm simply unaware about, or is something not right?

Sorry if the answer's been posted here already. I looked around for a bit before posting this and no one seems to have a problem.

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Tue 01 May 2012, 09:27; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:27

Can you post a pic of what the manual update you downloaded looks like? Just to make sure its the right one

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:36

*\_SugaRBomB_/* wrote:Can you post a pic of what the manual update you downloaded looks like? Just to make sure its the right one
Here you go: Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED] EtbCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 03:52

With the manual update all you have to do is double click the .exe. file itself and if it still doesnt work try running it as administrator.

One more question, you're on a PC or MAC?

Sims 3 Patch Update Problem.[SOLVED] Captur15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 04:13

Never mind; problem solved! Never mind again.

I was just too impatient. Opening the file takes a little while for some reason and even slows down my computer. I had to open it on my desktop so it wouldn't crash Explorer again. Anyway, the file eventually opened and installed. A "PatchProgress" bar opened up soon after and is installing the patch (even though it just installed?). Whatever it's doing, it can't be bad. I'll update this if something goes wrong down the road, but I should be fine. Thanks for the attention and help man.

//EDIT

Well, shit. Now the launcher won't work. When I open it the program immediately crashes. I figured this was my cue to close it and finally apply the crack, but it still crashes anyway. Help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 05:08

Is it the launcher that crashes or the game itself? Do you get any type of error message when it crashes?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Apr 2012, 07:48

Hello,

You can try the TS3W.exe in the base game\bin. If you get an error code, please post it here.
Also verify that the game was indeed patched to 1.33 by having a look at at the textfile called skuversion that can be found in the base game\bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 23:26

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

You can try the TS3W.exe in the base game\bin. If you get an error code, please post it here.
Also verify that the game was indeed patched to 1.33 by having a look at at the textfile called skuversion that can be found in the base game\bin.
This worked! Thank you! Yeah, the launcher won't work at all, but the game itself is fine. I actually tried this last night right after my last post in this thread and it has been working perfectly ever since.

Once again, thank you guys. Your friendly approach to noobs like me is very much appreciated (I did my best). I suggest making a note in the manual update thread to just open the patch because that's what got me stuck for a while (simple, but necessary!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 00:49

Good to hear you got the game working fine. If you have any more issues feel free to ask

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 May 2012, 09:26

Hello,

It's nice to hear our way of working is appreciated Smile and you're welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top