Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED] Empty Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 02:20

So before I installed the G4TW version of the Sims 3. I had the origin version with Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets and University Life and I uninstalled all of them and reinstalled them all with Seasons and Fast Lane Stuff following the Sims 3 Install Guide carefully that's here on  the forums. I got the "unable to start game service initialization failed" Error and I assumed it was probably cause of stuff from my origin install and i followed a guide on how to clean up the registry files and I was stupid and figured maybe if I deleted all the EP registry keys that it would work...My game launched but only the base game started...But even weirder my Sims 3 Pets family from my origin install was still there and it wasn't saying the family wasn't compatible. I wanted to start the game but I figured I'd ask here...How do I fix it?

Edit: Realized I put this in the wrong section. Move it please.

Back to top Go down

Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 12 Feb 2017, 09:08

//Topic moved.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
When you deleted the registry keys, your game stopped working. Well, let's see. This could become pretty messed up if we won't fix it right the first time. 
I would suggest uninstalling everything now, then reboot your PC. Then, go into the registry to see if there are any leftover entries. 
Now, you can reinstall everything and it should work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with Registry Errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:30

I think it's much easier to leave the registry-job to Origin.
When that's finished add the other DLC's from G4TW

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Feb 2017, 17:14

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 18:09

I reinstalled it and It's working fine now. This can be locked. Thanks for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Feb 2017, 01:31

jodogg7 wrote:I reinstalled it and It's working fine now. This can be locked. Thanks for your help

You're welcome. Smile  Feel free to open a new topic anytime you need more help or advice on questions we can help with! Until then, have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top