Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Living Glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City Living Glitch Empty City Living Glitch

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 21:45

Hi, there

Today I installed Sims 4, Sims Get to Work, Get Together and City Living.
I followed all the instructions (copying files into proper folder, moving Sims 4 folder to C:/Programs Files (x86)). 
When I launched the game, it loaded perfectly fine. I got notifications for new content for all the games except City Living.

When I created a new character, I had the option of moving her to any of the new worlds except San Myshuno. I moved my character into Newcrest, but none of the houses loaded there. All that showed up where square icons of this like winged horse, or something. this non-problem solved

I went into options -> Credits and sure enough all the credits were listed up until Get Together. It's like I didn't 'install' City Living.

I'm wondering if I missed some instructions somewhere or did something incorrectly...any help appreciated. Thank you very much Smile

Last edited by Dee Wraynged on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 22:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

City Living Glitch Empty Re: City Living Glitch

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 21:59

Newcrest is an empty town, there are no houses, only empty lots.
EA did this after complains that the other towns had so little possibilities to build in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 22:04

Oh, I see.

Thank you very much. That clears up that non-glitch then Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2017, 22:07

About City Living:
Maybe you forgot to copy/paste the folder EP03 from the download to your install folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017, 05:34

No, I copied and pasted all the folders from City Living to the Sims 4 folder.

I'm thinking that maybe I just have an outdated version of the Sims 4? I downloaded Sims 4, Get to Work and Get Together quite a while ago (I'm thinking back in September or October) but never installed them until Friday. Would that make a difference? Would I need to re-download the base game & expansion packs?

The Installation Guide I have for the Sims 4 Base Game says that it includes version 1.0.797.20 of the game

Re-downloaded Sims 4 only to see it was the same version...there's a useless 8gig download   Why.
I've uninstalled the game & will retry installing it at a later date and see what happens.

Does it matter if I run the game at all in-between installing the EPs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top