Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did not get City Living!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I did not get City Living!? Empty I did not get City Living!?

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 10:17

Hi, recently I downloaded The Sims 4 City Living from this website and everything went smoothly. However, upon launching the game I did not get City Living, although everything else was there such as "Glamour e.c.t." I was really looking forward to playing city living, any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hope this problem gets fixed  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

I did not get City Living!? Empty Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 21:48

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you Sad

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix at the end?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:18

Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Apr 2017, 18:14

Anoni1876 wrote:Hi, recently I downloaded The Sims 4 City Living from this website and everything went smoothly. However, upon launching the game I did not get City Living, although everything else was there such as "Glamour e.c.t." I was really looking forward to playing city living, any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hope this problem gets fixed  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You could try some possible solutions that are outlined here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

Other than that, I'm not sure. Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar downloads...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 19:35

Loonieloose wrote:Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Hey there!

That's not quite true...
Applying the Ultimate Fix will put the game up to date, which should already be the case with the installs done.
In no event will it remove worlds or content Wink

In any case, following the guide should give you a smooth game configuration, but sometimes there are complications.

Please try what Carlos proposed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:53

Shamrock wrote:
Loonieloose wrote:Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Hey there!

That's not quite true...
Applying the Ultimate Fix will put the game up to date, which should already be the case with the installs done.

In any case, following the guide should give you a smooth game configuration, but sometimes there are complications.

I'm sorry to say that I do not agree with your comments.

Applying the Ultimate fix after having installed the other available DLC's will set back your game to the base game only.
I just tried it out myself. I had everything installed (5 worlds + Outdoor retreat). I then applied the ultimate fix and I lost all the additional DLC's.
I'm back to the base game with 3 worlds only and no Outdoor Retreat.
When I start my game I get the "missing contents" warning.

The fix ONLY APPLIES to players with the base game only who do not wish to add other DLC's to their game.
Although of course you can still succesfully add the other DLC's later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 19:19

Tarac wrote:
Shamrock wrote:

Hey there!

That's not quite true...

I'm sorry to say that I do not agree with your comments.

Applying the Ultimate fix after having installed the other available DLC's will set back your game to the base game only.
I just tried it out myself. I had everything installed (5 worlds + Outdoor retreat). I then applied the ultimate fix and I lost all the additional DLC's.
I'm back to the base game with 3 worlds only and no Outdoor Retreat.
When I start my game I get the "missing contents" warning.

The fix ONLY APPLIES to players with the base game only who do not wish to add other DLC's to their game.
Although of course you can still succesfully add the other DLC's later on.

Alright, good to know.
Another change since the last time I was here Hmmm, sure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top