Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4] Empty Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4]

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2017, 17:22

Hi everyone, I'm new here!

I'll explain my problem.. I changed the language in the RldOrigin.ini file to Dutch (nl_NL) but after that the game doesn't launch. It shows up in Taskmanager but it dissapears after a few seconds from that too. But when I put back 'en_US' in the RldOrigin.ini the game does launch.

The things I tried:
- Delete the game and reinstall.
- Use the latest fix
- Change language in registry (Doesn't work anymore)
- Launch as Administrator

Help would be appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4] Empty Re: Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Feb 2017, 19:36

Boonie wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here!

I'll explain my problem.. I changed the language in the RldOrigin.ini file to Dutch (nl_NL) but after that the game doesn't launch. It shows up in Taskmanager but it dissapears after a few seconds from that too. But when I put back 'en_US' in the RldOrigin.ini the game does launch.

The things I tried:
- Delete the game and reinstall.
- Use the latest fix
- Change language in registry (Doesn't work anymore)
- Launch as Administrator

Help would be appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Boonie,

Look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016

Scroll down to the very end of the post. Yo will find a download link. Unpack with WinRAR all these text files, you'll need the one that says "Dutch". Insert this one and try running again the TS4.exe with Administrator rights. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4] Empty Re: Unable to launch game after changing language. [SIMS 4]

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017, 01:59

Hi again!

I figured out the problem, I had a Sims 3 .package file in my TS4 Mods folder in My Documents..  Oh my...

Thanks for helping me out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top