Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find serial. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't find serial. [SOLVED] Empty Can't find serial. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 Mar 2017, 16:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
jessicarharris wrote:Can't find serial. [SOLVED] Launch11

This is what keeps popping up. I installed the base game from this website, I don't have any other expansion packs installed as I just want this one. I installed the game by following the installation guide then downloaded the fix to update to the latest version of the base game, however this keeps happening. I searched the forum and saw that this has happened to others and I've done what you've suggested to them but with no luck. Any other ideas?? Thanks, Jessica.

Hello there,

The so-called "Ultimate fix", available from here basically allows you to play the game without having to insert a physical DVD (or a virtual image of such a disc). However, in order to use this, you will need to have at least one of the following expansions installed:
Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.

I strongly suggest you download and install at least one of these, then you do the steps from #2 to #4 here, and you should be fine: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

It's not possible to have just the base game installed; the Ultimate fix from here doesn't work then. But good luck and let us know how it went !
Hello, were are we supposed to find the serial number, I mean I don't see it in the # Installation Guide

Back to top Go down

Can't find serial. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't find serial. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 Mar 2017, 20:14

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I've split your reply from the (ancient) thread you posted in. In general, we find it easier to keep separate users questions in separate threads. 

If the serial you're looking for is for the separate base game download, there's a key generator inside the files you've downloaded. Probably (it's been ages since I installed that particular version of the base game) inside the folder that also has the crack.
The crack itself is obsolete, as you may have read in the topic you originally replied to.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Mar 2017, 03:00

Plus, you're not supposed to install the base game on its own: you should install at least one (1) of the expansions or stuffpacks in addition.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:11

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum,

I've split your reply from the (ancient) thread you posted in. In general, we find it easier to keep separate users questions in separate threads. 

If the serial you're looking for is for the separate base game download, there's a key generator inside the files you've downloaded. Probably (it's been ages since I installed that particular version of the base game) inside the folder that also has the crack.
The crack itself is obsolete, as you may have read in the topic you originally replied to.
Hello again, I'm sorry I made you change it, I'm not very used to forums Noob
That's what I did, I used the generator, installed the game, updated it then I downloaded all the expansions like you said @The gh0stm4n but it keeps asking me for a code ! Help  Thank you so much for your replies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:35

As far as I can see it, the code is in the wrong format
it should be DF66-3M6M-UC59-6UC3-DRLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 15:04

Tarac wrote:As far as I can see it, the code is in the wrong format
it should be DF66-3M6M-UC59-6UC3-DRLD
I've also tried this way but it still doesn't work pale

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Mar 2017, 15:35

wofem wrote:

That's what I did, I used the generator, installed the game, updated it then I downloaded all the expansions like you said @The gh0stm4n but it keeps asking me for a code ! Help  Thank you so much for your replies

Ah! It's asking for a registration code, but that only works for legit games. Instead, get the Ultimate Fix here. You can skip all steps except for the final one, which is instructing you to copy the crack. Make sure you get the ones from the #Crack folder, and copy them to your Base Game\Bin in your install directory. You'll get some note about existing files, allow the crack to replace the files in the destination folder. 

P.S. don't worry about making me split your topic, we do stuff like that all the time.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:08

Ɛɗιη wrote:
wofem wrote:

Ah! It's asking for a registration code, but that only works for legit games. Instead, get the Ultimate Fix here. You can skip all steps except for the final one, which is instructing you to copy the crack. Make sure you get the ones from the #Crack folder, and copy them to your Base Game\Bin in your install directory. You'll get some note about existing files, allow the crack to replace the files in the destination folder. 

P.S. don't worry about making me split your topic, we do stuff like that all the time.

I forgot to mention it but I did it, actually I followed this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#  but it keeps asking me for the code, and I've tried to reinstall everything. But I don't understand when she says "Skip all the # Crack folders" but how could you skip it if it contains the generator ? Anyway, here's what I did:
- I downloaded the base game and used the crack folder to generate the code but I did nothing else with it
- I applied the patch and it updated to 1.67
- I replaced the files with the folder "all the expansion packs"
- I applied the Ultimate Fix replacing dll and exe files

Does it work like this ? Did I miss something ? WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Thank you again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:33

When you have a reasonably fast internet for downloading games, you can spare yourself all the efforts for cracks, updates, patches, serialnumbers aso by downloading the all-in-one version. (15,7 GB)
Click HERE for the version with Winrar or click HERE for the version in iso (Poweriso or Daemon).

Instructions:
Winrar - download the file, extract with Winrar and click on Setup.exe
Iso - download the file, mount in Poweriso or Daemon and click on Setup.exe (much quicker as you do not have to extract 15,7 GB)

The base game + all 21 expansions will install automatically.
Default game language is English but can be changed.

NOTE: This is not an official G4TW download but has been approved for publishing by the G4TW staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Mar 2017, 20:25

wofem wrote:
Ɛɗιη wrote:
wofem wrote:

I forgot to mention it but I did it, actually I followed this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#  but it keeps asking me for the code, and I've tried to reinstall everything. But I don't understand when she says "Skip all the # Crack folders" but how could you skip it if it contains the generator ? Anyway, here's what I did:
- I downloaded the base game and used the crack folder to generate the code but I did nothing else with it

Thank you again

It looks like you didn't install any expansionpacks? If you try to run the game without expansions, that's not going to work. 
The expansionpacks only have a crack in the crack folder this guide is telling you to skip, the serials are in the #Installation Guide. The cracks themselves are not compatible anymore. They used to work at some point obviously, but when the game was patched, the crack would no longer work.

What you need to do is, open the Fix, and then the folder as shown in my screenshot below. Take both files, and copy them.
Can't find serial. [SOLVED] 4d4dfe10

Next,go to your install directory. Default would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. It's the 2 files at the bottom of the screenshot there that are going to be replaced. Paste inside this folder, and let those files be replaced.
Can't find serial. [SOLVED] 7187e010

It's only going to work if you have at least one of the expansion or stuff packs, it has to be Generations or newer. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 19:55

Ɛɗιη wrote:
wofem wrote:
Ɛɗιη wrote:
wofem wrote:

Thank you again

It looks like you didn't install any expansionpacks? If you try to run the game without expansions, that's not going to work. 
The expansionpacks only have a crack in the crack folder this guide is telling you to skip, the serials are in the #Installation Guide. The cracks themselves are not compatible anymore. They used to work at some point obviously, but when the game was patched, the crack would no longer work.

What you need to do is, open the Fix, and then the folder as shown in my screenshot below. Take both files, and copy them.
Can't find serial. [SOLVED] 4d4dfe10

Next,go to your install directory. Default would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. It's the 2 files at the bottom of the screenshot there that are going to be replaced. Paste inside this folder, and let those files be replaced.
Can't find serial. [SOLVED] 7187e010

It's only going to work if you have at least one of the expansion or stuff packs, it has to be Generations or newer. 

Hello again,

Thank you for your help, I'm sorry, I just forgot to mention the installation of the expansion pack because I did it months before.  Surprised
I finally found out the issue ! I added the exceptions in my antivirus Norton but it was still forcing and deleting some of the files, even though I ran it as an admin (Norton) and that it said everything was ok.
Anyway, if you guys have Norton, just check if those bast.... weren't deleting the files even though you added it in the exceptions, because I think for security issues those kind of antivirus don't very let users do what they actually want to. No shit, Sherlock.

Again, thank you so much for your help ! And keep rockin' ! Aadmien liekesss!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 17 Mar 2017, 20:38

Good to hear and yes, that was going to be my next suggestion Very Happy
Don't hesitate to post again if you have any questions.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)